Sway Bar removal

toysplus

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback from people who have removed the rear sway bar from their Rhino, there appears to be several different theories on this depending on ride style/conditions.:confused:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll never go back,..

I like the feel of my machine now and IMO I can control it better. Also from a suspension perspective it enables more independent travel when either of the rear wheels has to climb an obstacle say a log, and keeps the opposite wheel planted.

But I wouldn't remove the sway bar without putting rear wheel spacers on, at least some 1.5"

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like mine without, if you want i can prob dig you up some pics of a quick disconnect that i built for mine, as i couldnt decide at first but after a bit i just ripped the sway bar out as i never put it back on.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like mine without, if you want i can prob dig you up some pics of a quick disconnect that i built for mine, as i couldnt decide at first but after a bit i just ripped the sway bar out as i never put it back on.

You going to try to hit out this way for the Whitemud rally this year?

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah we can carry this over on the other thread, as for the sway bar, it rides a lot better without it, the suspension travels better so you get better traction, i cannot really find one spot that is better with it anymore, it does lean more in corners but is more stable in the long run, with the sway bar attached if you push too far it will slide then if i hooks it just falls over but without it, it will just lean over and soak it up. if i had to say sharp high speed corners(as in several in a row) are better with it, well maybe.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer it without.Suspension articulates more in the nasty rocky boulders that I go over.It leans at speed but never feels like its going to go over on you.I run 1.5" spacers on the rear with the stock rims.I do not run spacers with my 5+2 offset rims.Only complaint was the stock shocks have no internal rebound bump stops so they clunk when they top out,I solved that with a set of bilstein shocks

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for some feedback from people who have removed the rear sway bar from their Rhino, there appears to be several different theories on this depending on ride style/conditions.:confused:

I had the recall done and I think it sucks. The rear tires throw mud all down the side and at you. :rolleyes:Another $200 For fenderflares:rant:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the recall done and I think it sucks. The rear tires throw mud all down the side and at you. :rolleyes:Another $200 For fenderflares:rant:

But it's worth it, plus IMO it makes the machine look that much better,

Rear.jpg

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took my sway bars off and love it. I won't put spacers on as I don't want anymore mud flying and I'm not an aggressive driver so I don't think I'll be tipping over.

toysplus

Reaction score
Thanks to all, looks like the swaybars coming out today as I don't see much high speed slalom happening:)

Top Bottom