Sway bar on summit xp's?

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues side hilling in the powder at all, but if you guys say it's better then I will definitely try it, maybe I am working a little harder then I need too. Probably take it off later today. Thanks!!

skimmin

Reaction score
Hey all, I have an 06 Summit with no sway bar. With the way the steering is on these new machines I don't understand... Why are there no steering dampers available for sleds? Something that would help steering and you'd still gain the machines 'flexibility' with getting rid of the sway bar.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I have an 06 Summit with no sway bar. With the way the steering is on these new machines I don't understand... Why are there no steering dampers available for sleds? Something that would help steering and you'd still gain the machines 'flexibility' with getting rid of the sway bar.

Sway bars limit the roll of the machine, as for having an uncontrolled 'wobble', which the steering damper would help... I don't think it is a problem.
Plus the summit is a mountain machine. speed down the trail is not a high priority.

(unless you are Farmer Mike LOL)

skimmin

Reaction score
What I'm thinking is that a damper (like on a bike) 'tightens' the steering components and would probably cut down 'darting'. Just a thought.

Top Bottom