Sway bar on summit xp's?

atvmodster

Reaction score
How many summit xp owners have removed the front sway bar? Does it make it much easier to lay over?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i reccomend getting the quick dissconect kit. takes 2 seconds to disconnect it to go boondocking then connect it back for the bumpy trail down. wish that was an option on all machines. but yes it does make a differance,

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I unhooked mine to try it out for one trip and it did seem a bit easier to lay over. I really didn't like how it handled without the swaybar on the trail or setup snow so I bought a quick connect on dootalk, a stainless steel unit with an external spring.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have left mine in. I removed the bar in every sled I've had in the past, and felt the XP didn't need it removed. I find the XP the easiest handling sled to lay over and sidehill I've ever owned, even with the SB in. I am 6'4" with 11" risers on my XP...might make a difference...

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have left mine in. I removed the bar in every sled I've had in the past, and felt the XP didn't need it removed. I find the XP the easiest handling sled to lay over and sidehill I've ever owned, even with the SB in. I am 6'4" with 11" risers on my XP...might make a difference...

X2 I've tried mine disconnected a couple times and never noticed a difference.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definatly alot easier to lay over with sway bars disconected,but she likes to dip and dive in corners also,quick connects are my next purchase...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what sled did you have before:confused:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found that adjusting your riser and bar angle has more affect on the ease of throwing the sled around than removing or unhooking the sway bar.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found that adjusting your riser and bar angle has more affect on the ease of throwing the sled around than removing or unhooking the sway bar.

Im going to trying this out too im only 5'9 and 155lbs, i bought a 10" riser , dj's clutch kit and some other goodies im going to install when i get home.. i know the leverage advantage is important with risers but what about angles whats the best angle or (peoples preferences) on the angles on their xps? i have a 154" track btw and my sway bar is disconnected as well.

merry christmas to me! (gf wasnt too pleased :d)

kbone163

Reaction score
I put the dissconect kit in mine and found it sidehilled way better when it was out, It didn't seem to boondock any differnt for me, but defiently noticed the side hilling was much better.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Disconnected one side and left it out, I like it but if i was doing lots of trail riding I would put it back on. Takes less than 5 minutes

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Disconnected one side and left it out, I like it but if i was doing lots of trail riding I would put it back on. Takes less than 5 minutes
took them off and never will put them back on, it's all personal taste

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made my own disconnect cost me about 4 bucks and works great. I leave it in going up and down the trail and pull it out when up in the hills. Take 30 seconds to put it on or take it off.

atvmodster

Reaction score
Disconnecting one side shouldnt hurt anything hey? If i really like it i will remove it.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what sled did you have before:confused:

Removed swaybars from my 07 Summit, my 05 Summit, my 04 Summit. My 03 AC never had a sway bar. Sleds before this era were trailing arm deals....

It's likely my height (ok....and mass) but I just find no need to remove it on the XP. I haul it over easier than any other sled I've had.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one side won't hurt anything, the quick disconnect just comes for one side from BRP.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took mine out and would not put them back in
I can put up with bad manners on the trail for all off trail
Ease of sidehilling and putting her on her side

birdie

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took mine out when new - Sled is very nibble when boondocking and sidehilling - on the trail it does push in the corners - you just have to use a little braking to help it corner

trials rider

Reaction score
i always take the sway bar out on my sleds. thats my preference though. im not at all concerned how it works on the trail. for me just a nescesary evil to get to the goods. i think in theory if you are hitting different bumps with one ski at a time it will allow the suspension to move independently of each other and toss you around less. i rode with the sway bar on for a while and pulled it out recently. didnt notice much difference on the trail or in the pow. would have to put it back in to compare.

Top Bottom