support Don Cherry poppy opinion

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to admit I didnt have a problem with his rant. Maybe its the redneck in me, maybe I just take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Fact of the matter is we are to politically correct and the poor poor pitiful me group kinda burns my britches. When I was young I was picked on because I was so good looking and smart and I think I turned out just fine despite all the harassment.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My favourite part is everyone rushing to the forefront to be offended:rolleyes: Don Cherry pulls no punches and the only reason this is news is because of the paid off media that focuses on the politically correct storyline.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree guys. It was pretty sad last night watching Ron M come on and apologize. How’s that for the way our country is being operated. Pretty pathetic.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bloody left wingers. Fire a guy over bs like this on Remembrance Day of all days. Getting real old real fast.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
74698829_1576495412488732_2685239739874803712_n.jpg

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sent an email and left a voice message with Rogers/Sportsnet letting them know I was canceling all of my currently subscribed cable channels.

I’m sick and tired of this PC bulsjit...I hope it costs them financially.

I recently had to give up my favourite Charmen toilet paper due to Gillette putting out that stupid white-male toxic masculinity bashing Commercial.

I’m voting with my dollars. I’m now boycotting any musician/actor/company that feels the desire to lecture me on PC crap. There have been a few movies that I would have liked to have watched, but I refuse to pay any money towards supporting some PC pussy actor.

Rant over...for now.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I to feel better knowing I’m a racist now or so I’m told. Now I can Carrie on in my everyday life like I have for the last 50 plus years not caring what people think I’m saying. It’s good to feel normal around people with brains like the great folks in snow and mud.
f them f-in fers.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don Cherry stands by his poppy comments and doesn’t want to be turned into a politically correct robot for the network.

In an interview with Joe Warmington of the Toronto Sun:

“I know what I said and I meant it. Everybody in Canada should wear a poppy to honour our fallen soldiers. I speak the truth and I walk the walk. I have visited the bases of the troops, been to Afghanistan with our brave soldiers at Christmas, been to cemeteries of our fallen around the world and honoured our fallen troops on Coach’s Corner.”

“To keep my job, I cannot be turned into a tamed robot. I would have liked to continue doing Coach’s Corner. The problem is if I have to watch everything I say, it isn’t Coach’s Corner.

Remember to wear your poppy to honour our fallen soldiers … Thumbs up.”

Full article with quotes.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-n...l-poppy-comment/amp?__twitter_impression=true

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
85 year old man who is proud of his country, probably could have worded it better, but maybe if more people had his pride this country would be even greater!

Thank you for everything you stand for and have done for Canada Don Cherry!

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for him speaking his mind I personally did not find it racist or did s as n’y one else who I have talked too.

Top Bottom