Sunked my xmr please help

skor

Reaction score
Hey guys riding today I sunked my xmr well over the handle bars.

I drained the air box at the site but was unable to turn it on after we winched it out. I heard that these xmr will shut off so that you can't kill the engine? So since it got sunk I have not driven it and got towed to the truck.

Either way I'm thinking I'll have to change oil 6 times to flush out the water. I'm sorry but I have to idea how to drain the oil or how to go about this. Can someone tell me what steps I have to take? Also anything else I should do? Lastly ... Can it wait till tomorrow or is it something I gotta do tonight?

Thanks!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320552747.993058.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320552747.993058.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 251

skor

Reaction score
Ok I drained the oil and cvt. tomorrow I'll buy some oil to replace it as many times as needed. What type should I buy? I heard I can get the cheap stuff and use the expensive only after all is cleaned.

The cvt had some dirt. How do I clean this? Here is a picture of it.

What about the diff oil? Where's the drain for that?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320566293.191345.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320566293.191345.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 249

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you tried starting it or just tried powering it up after sinking it? never try starting it after sinking it, you will bend a rod by hydro locking it, bad idea

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pressure washer, brake clean from crappy tire. Take the belt off first.
Not sure about the diff plugs but find them and drain them out and then flush them out as best you can.

Ok I drained the oil and cvt. tomorrow I'll buy some oil to replace it as many times as needed. What type should I buy? I heard I can get the cheap stuff and use the expensive only after all is cleaned.

The cvt had some dirt. How do I clean this? Here is a picture of it.

What about the diff oil? Where's the drain for that?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You pull the spark plugs and try to turn it over to get any water out of the top end?

skor

Reaction score
It turned over after removing the spark plugs. I had it running last night, everything seems ok. Thanks everyone.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u can use cheap oil for a few clean outs then put the stuff back in. make sure to drain and clean out your diffs too! or they will freese and crack and shows over then.

Top Bottom