Summit XM or Pro RMK

Snow Guy

Reaction score
Getting a new sled, torn between the xm or the pro rmk. Like the 800 etec, but like the pro for the weight. Give me your opinion and why. Thanks

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like scroll down abit ! theres 22 pages of what your looking for !

caneking

Reaction score
Definitely the summit.
Did I mention I have one for sale... classifieds. he'll of a deal check it out. Give me an offer I can't refuse.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the cats that bad that they dont get included in these threads?? From what I have seen they work great. Ive never ridden one though so cant comment on the handling. There is no question that they have the best engine imho. The guys I ride with that have them have no problem going anywhere we go on xms and pros.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This site is like a venereal disease. The gift that keeps on giving. Lmao!

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the cats that bad that they dont get included in these threads?? From what I have seen they work great. Ive never ridden one though so cant comment on the handling. There is no question that they have the best engine imho. The guys I ride with that have them have no problem going anywhere we go on xms and pros.

I rented one off Glen a couple years ago in McBride and I wasn't a fan.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at the end of the day the pro rmk is a far superior snowmachine. less power, less track on the ground, shallower lugs, its built like a bunch of leftover parts were attached together. the steering system was designed by fred flinstone himself! you need to rebuild it as soon as you get it off the showroom floor which is awesome because it gets you very familiar with your machine and how to work on it once it fails in the alpine. it also has 2 belts so you need to carry 2 types of spares. the brake is still on the jackshaft so when you blow that second belt you have no brakes! super cool feature. it also has less warranty which is sweet because who wants that? best part of all it is cheaper than the XM. which is really the only reason to purcahse one.

im just joking around but they are both great sleds. edge to the XM. cant go wrong with either..kind of

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at the end of the day the pro rmk is a far superior snowmachine. less power, less track on the ground, shallower lugs, its built like a bunch of leftover parts were attached together. the steering system was designed by fred flinstone himself! you need to rebuild it as soon as you get it off the showroom floor which is awesome because it gets you very familiar with your machine and how to work on it once it fails in the alpine. it also has 2 belts so you need to carry 2 types of spares. the brake is still on the jackshaft so when you blow that second belt you have no brakes! super cool feature. it also has less warranty which is sweet because who wants that? best part of all it is cheaper than the XM. which is really the only reason to purcahse one.

im just joking around but they are both great sleds. edge to the XM. cant go wrong with either..kind of
I still don't understand how you have such a hard on for the Doo steering system.

Top Bottom