Summit Venting

mikejulien12

Reaction score
I'm hoping to avoid the overheating problem as much as possible on my 2015 this year. Obviously scratchers are the biggest help but I was wondering if any of the vent kits make a noticeable difference?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled needs no venting. We recommend 22 sets of scratchers on all 3' track sleds especially the 2015 T3's. Its usually from frozen trails. We put them on the ski's and the rails.

Reactions: GRD

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled needs no venting. We recommend 22 sets of scratchers on all 3' track sleds especially the 2015 T3's. Its usually from frozen trails. We put them on the ski's and the rails.
22 sets??? Wow, where ya going to put them all??

sent while drinking tea's

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yup even turbo'd - no venting required - ^ scratchers for the frozen trail on skis and rails - gd 2 go

mikejulien12

Reaction score
The only time it happened was coming down at the end of the day on a frozen trail where the scratchers weren't able to throw up enough snow. 2 of our machines were over heating, just wondering if there's anything to help keep em cool.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only time it happened was coming down at the end of the day on a frozen trail where the scratchers weren't able to throw up enough snow. 2 of our machines were over heating, just wondering if there's anything to help keep em cool.
water wetter or amsoil coolant dominator

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Learn the track chainsaw. Tip your machine on its side, start spinning your track, slowly stand the machine up right the track will dig it self in the snow tossing snow up to the cooler. Works awesome, been doing it for years. Just don't do it in the middle of the trail, get on the side.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To continue the funny joke here....Install Tiger torch up front to heat the snow to slush conditions ! Perhaps install 2 sets scratchers ? Tried a set of ski scratchers on my summit but they flipped over when you lift the skis and you cant back up although a good idea as it is before the track.

Top Bottom