summit 670x pipes

summitkid600

Reaction score
i have a 1999 summit 670 and i was looking at getting cpi racing twin pipes, and was just wondering if they are any good, and what clutching and jetting needs to be done

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Go to the cpi website, and follow their suggestions for set-up. I went 2 sizes bigger jets, with the needle jets changed to their suggestion and gutted the airbox, and heavier clutch pins and hymark roller secondary..... Its fast! I also put in ufo's, but could never get them set-up quite right so changed carbs back to original

summitkid600

Reaction score
thanks i went to the web site and it told me to use 420, 430 main jets, BB-O needle jets, Raise needle 1 position from richest, and for clutching it said just change the heel clickers so it funs at 7800 rpm, it didnt say anything about adding weight so i wasnt sure.

THAT ALL SOUNDS RIGHT, BUT I DID CUT WAY BACK ON JETS TO NEXT 2 SIZES BIGGER THAN THE STOCK 330/340(CAN'T REMEMBER)???? BUT, THE 420/430 JETS RAN WAY TOO RICH ON MINE --- I THINK THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN A TYPO, BUT I DID CONTACT THEM AND THEY SAID THAT WAS WHAT THEY RAN IN THERES.... I THOUGHT MAYBE THEY HAD '97 CARBS ON IT OR SOMETHING????.... MINE IS ALSO PORTED/POLISHED ETC...

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom