Summer Nytro Project

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys/girls the sled is complete, I started it and drove it around the yard a bit I have a couple things I have to look at, 1 being the inside of the right wheel on the anti stab kit is rubbing, which is causing a clicking noise, and I think I have air in my Coolant system because it was getting hot, but the coolers on the tunnel were still cool to touch, but any way here are a few pics of the completed sled

Looks nice!

How did the swap in of the AC skid go? I've been thinking of installing a AC or skidoo skid into my Apex. Did you have to move mount points around much?

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That BRTECH Hood is sweet I will defenatly be looking into that I looked at getting my hood airbrushed and it was $3000 so that BR hood would look sweet

Thanks Man

Looks awesome fitz!!!! You did a wicked job!

I would have to agree, I think you've got an airlock in the cooling system. Either that or the t-stat is stuck closed, but likely an air lock. Park the sled on the ramp into the back of the truck so that the coolers are the lowest point and leave it like that for a little bit, it should help and you should have to add more coolant. If not, start it up and it should circulate the air out if it doesn't bubble out on its own.

Since you've got the blue theme going on, one thing you might want to check out is BR tech's Nytro hood. I think it looks sweet and with your blue tunnel I think it would add a nice accent to the sled.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Cat skid swap went pretty good, Have not got to try it yet though :d:d so hopefully it will work good, I moved my front mount points 1 1/2" forward and 3/4" up, then had to put in a 1/4" spacer on each side of the front points cause the Cat skid is 1/2" skinnier , then moved my drop brakets 1/2" forward to get the proper center to center measurement. Lets hope it all works well

P.S if I am not mistaken the Cat skid bolts directly into the Apex

Looks nice!

How did the swap in of the AC skid go? I've been thinking of installing a AC or skidoo skid into my Apex. Did you have to move mount points around much?

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look like your intake will interfere with a jerry can in the rack.

Yeah i have ordered a hose from Dayco that is 3" shorter so that will get it away from the rack, right now it would rub on a fuel can

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys/girls the sled is complete, I started it and drove it around the yard a bit I have a couple things I have to look at, 1 being the inside of the right wheel on the anti stab kit is rubbing, which is causing a clicking noise, and I think I have air in my Coolant system because it was getting hot, but the coolers on the tunnel were still cool to touch, but any way here are a few pics of the completed sled

Great looking sled, love the looks of the Mountain Mod seats w/trunk. Let us know how the Cat skid works for you.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Cat skid swap went pretty good, Have not got to try it yet though :d:d so hopefully it will work good, I moved my front mount points 1 1/2" forward and 3/4" up, then had to put in a 1/4" spacer on each side of the front points cause the Cat skid is 1/2" skinnier , then moved my drop brakets 1/2" forward to get the proper center to center measurement. Lets hope it all works well

P.S if I am not mistaken the Cat skid bolts directly into the Apex

Direct bolt in? Gotta like that! Lookin' forward to hearing how the cat skid works out - I just want a lighter skid that I can buy OEM parts for. They are a nice looking skid!

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode with a guy who had one last year and he was very impressed with, the stock Nytro skid is 45lbs and the stock Cat skid is something like 22lbs so there is a huge weight savings, they also seem to handle the hp well, but still give you the fun factor that say the M10 takes out of playing in the trees, and best of all very cost effective

Direct bolt in? Gotta like that! Lookin' forward to hearing how the cat skid works out - I just want a lighter skid that I can buy OEM parts for. They are a nice looking skid!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Everyone I got started on my Nytro Summer project last night. My project starts like this, The sled is a 2009 Nytro with a MCX Rear mount turbo, My plans are to install a CR Racing 162 Tunnel, Arctic Cat 162 Float rear skid, 162 Track, Trail Tank, Avid Drivers, Mountin Mod Rear seat, and Tunnel Dump exhaust.

Last night it took me about 4 hrs and I had the old tunnel and skid removed, hope to get my old drivers and track out and new track in by Monday night, I have been taking pics along the way was hoping to upload them today but can't find my cord, so I will put them up when I get the chance.

I have not figured out how I am going to mount up the rear skid yet so if you guys have any ideas that would be greatly appriceated, Also I am selling the stock seat, 153 skid, 153 track and 153 tunnel if you guys know anyone who is intrested

Talk to you all soon

i would like the seat how much?? i also have a 162 timbersled skid for sale if your interested simmons gen 2 skis also

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode with a guy who had one last year and he was very impressed with, the stock Nytro skid is 45lbs and the stock Cat skid is something like 22lbs so there is a huge weight savings, they also seem to handle the hp well, but still give you the fun factor that say the M10 takes out of playing in the trees, and best of all very cost effective

22lbs?! Stock Apex skid is 77lbs, mines a little lighter than this but still huge savings. Good to hear it will handle the HP, I'm concerned about it handling the the Apex weight under throttle (weight transfer). I'll have to look into whether a stiffer rear spring is available. But sounds like a great way of dropping alot of weight!

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cat skid is nowhere near 22 lbs. full carbon fibre rear skid is 35 ish pounds. Nytro skid is alot more than 45 lbs, Although there probably is a 15-20 pound savings between a nytro and cat float skid.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah Maybe I got my numbers screwed up somewhere but I know there is something like 20lbs saving

[/B]QUOTE=summit889;871294]Cat skid is nowhere near 22 lbs. full carbon fibre rear skid is 35 ish pounds. Nytro skid is alot more than 45 lbs, Although there probably is a 15-20 pound savings between a nytro and cat float skid.[/QUOTE]

tapex

Reaction score
Sled looks awsome tfitz, dont even recognize it anymore!:d Hopefully we can meet up for a ride this year.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah Maybe I got my numbers screwed up somewhere but I know there is something like 20lbs saving

[/B]QUOTE=summit889;871294]Cat skid is nowhere near 22 lbs. full carbon fibre rear skid is 35 ish pounds. Nytro skid is alot more than 45 lbs, Although there probably is a 15-20 pound savings between a nytro and cat float skid.
[/QUOTE]

My factory apex skid on my nytro was 67lbs or 65lbs and my ac skid was 43 or 45 lbs

Top Bottom