Stupid Chev..... any advice is welcome

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Usually the stereos will have a separate internal fuse in behind the dash, and you stereo power I believe also act as the power controls for the fans in some way

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Not exactly sure, check the owners manual or do an online search. My old Sonoma wasn't a Bose but the stereo had a fuse in the back that was in a small power supply amp attached to the back of the deck

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually the stereos will have a separate internal fuse in behind the dash, and you stereo power I believe also act as the power controls for the fans in some way

So... if that fuse exists, why does my Radio still display the LED and not produce any sound? I'm really getting upset.

crushd

Reaction score
did you try calling the service department at a dealership, if it was a matter of hitting buttons I'm sure someone else has had it happen and they might know of a fix

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Those trucks had a theft lock thingy in them..little red light thats flashes....Need a code to get it up and running again..Is that possible...wouldnt fix the fan but maybe?? Thats all i can think of right now,,

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those trucks had a theft lock thingy in them..little red light thats flashes....Need a code to get it up and running again..Is that possible...wouldnt fix the fan but maybe?? Thats all i can think of right now,,

I researched the antitheft thing.... codes etc. didnt help unfortunately. Thanks anyway. The Fan is really confusing me??

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I think plio was on to something;seem to recall heater in those things getting power thru amp,or them sharing power????
I researched the antitheft thing.... codes etc. didnt help unfortunately. Thanks anyway. The Fan is really confusing me??

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think plio was on to something;seem to recall heater in those things getting power thru amp,or them sharing power????

Mike... funny you just mentioned that. I have a recall letter from GM sitting on my desk ..... I have ignored it for a year?? Says the HVAC blower may misfunction? Thanks Mike! Wow..... thanks for your input..... if it wasnt for you I would have ignored that recall letter for another year or two.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike... funny you just mentioned that. I have a recall letter from GM sitting on my desk ..... I have ignored it for a year?? Says the HVAC blower may misfunction? Thanks Mike! Wow..... thanks for your input..... if it wasnt for you I would have ignored that recall letter for another year or two.

They probably change a fuse. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom