Stuck ... Again !

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a ride Saturday, 03 Jan 09. Fresh powder, sun was out ... but man was it cold ... until I got stuck .... again !!!
Yes, I had it in 4-wheel drive ... Jeez !!!

I started up this hill, tried to turn a little more uphill ... the bike started drifting downhill ... I tried to turn it some more uphill ... & it kept wanting to go downhill ... I was headed for this tree ... low branches ... crap, I'm gonna break my brand new windshield ... but it didn't ... and then I was stuck ... a little digging ... turn it downhill ... & out I came.
The snow was only little over 3 feet deep ... it had about 9 inches of powder on top ... a slight crusty base ... & then sugar snow under that to the ground ! ... Bugger !!!

Later on I was up on some drifts !

It was a great day ... but man it was cold. 3 deg above 0 with about a 15 mph wind ... or more .... I had a drink out on the front rack when I was refueling (at 2pm) & it started to freeze !!!

Hope ya enjoy the pics !!

Later ...

Attachments

• Going____Down.jpg
    Going____Down.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 32
  • DEEP.jpg
    DEEP.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Now THAT'S Deep Snow.jpg
    Now THAT'S Deep Snow.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 37
  • CIMG3108.jpg
    CIMG3108.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 51
  • Look_How_Clean_My_Pipe_Is.jpg
    Look_How_Clean_My_Pipe_Is.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 40
  • NewWindshield.jpg
    NewWindshield.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 39

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would be nice to have the too much snow problem up here. looks like you had some good fun though.
:beer::beer:

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YEAH BUDDY !!!!! :common001:

Glad ya enjoyed the pics Magnet & Get-R-Done :d

Later ...

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha snowmobiles work better!

QUOTE]

HaHaHa ! ... Not really that day .... they were stuck all over the place too. :d
Crappy snow conditions ....

Later ....

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well from your Avatar photo, I assumed you had tons of snow ??

We aren't do'in to bad this year, so far, but usually we have more. On top at one of the water reading stations, last I checked today, we had 52 inches. It was as high as 56 inches a while ago ... and we've had some settling here & there, but nothing really good so far.

It keeps snowing & no sunshine. That combination doesn't make for a good base. So ya have powder ... some "Firm Snow", but if ya break thru that, it's "Sugar Snow" ..... and that crap isn't worth a darn.

How much snow do you have at your location so far this year ??

Later ....

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't feel sorry for Gunny. He could get stuck on a pool table if there was some talcum powder on it. LOL

Attachments

• IMGA0004.JPG
    IMGA0004.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 30
  • IMGA0009.JPG
    IMGA0009.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 43

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mongrol ... why ya gotta say things like that ?? .... Ya Bast%$# !!! :rant:

Yeah, well your snow is wet & packs easy ... our snow has been like talcum power ... kinda crappy !!! ..... so far !!! :(

Later ...

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mongrol ... why ya gotta say things like that ?? .... Ya Bast%$# !!! :rant:

Yeah, well your snow is wet & packs easy ... our snow has been like talcum power ... kinda crappy !!! ..... so far !!! :(

Later ...

You know me Gunny, everything I say is a compliment in disguise. And I think its great that you listen to music by Donnie & Marie while you're out trackin. But when you're in a bar, leave the quad outside and off the pool table. lol

I may not be young, but I'm old.

CU pal.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gunny... those are some awesome shots! Thanks for taken the time to post them. :d Hope you had a blast out there. Do you usually ride by yourself? Just wondering? Don't see any other riders in any of your pics. :confused::d:d

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well from your Avatar photo, I assumed you had tons of snow ??

We aren't do'in to bad this year, so far, but usually we have more. On top at one of the water reading stations, last I checked today, we had 52 inches. It was as high as 56 inches a while ago ... and we've had some settling here & there, but nothing really good so far.

It keeps snowing & no sunshine. That combination doesn't make for a good base. So ya have powder ... some "Firm Snow", but if ya break thru that, it's "Sugar Snow" ..... and that crap isn't worth a darn.

How much snow do you have at your location so far this year ??

Later ....
that was in valemount at clamina this past weekend. the flat lands near lloydminster are a little short of that lol
the stuble is just getting full but no good base yet.

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mongrol ... no one likes you :d ... and I do NOT listen to Donnie & Marie tunes :tazz: ... matter of fact, no tunes in the hills but the lovely sound of my Grizzlies motor as it transports me around the mountains :yahoo: ... or at idle when I'm stuck !!?? :sadbanana:

medler ... for what I like to do, the tracks are awesome. But no way are they gonna go fast like a sled or are they able to climb real steep stuff like a sled. :Snowmobile1: But I can go slow thru the trees, weaving in & around them .... they cut a guys top speed in about half, so if I get say, 26 mph with them, I'm pretty well maxed out. Ummm ... can a sled go that slow ??
:dunno: ... But I don't need snow to enjoy them (mine are a 4-season track) ... I sure have a blast however with them ... :perfect10:

Scotty ... yup, I ride alone. After two seasons down here at my location, I've yet to see any other tracks except on sleds. But I like go'in by myself, that way I can leave when I want to, go where I want to, & stay as long as I want to. And I try to have everything with me incase something goes not as planned .... Savvy ??
Now a friend or riding buddy did buy a set of tracks last Sept, but I'm not sure what his problem is, he has yet to want to go rid'in ?? :Ponder:
Ya don't think I've got him scared do ya ?? I send him the pics of me stuck too, tell'in him he missed a great day .... he hates hard work !! :alol2:

rmksledder ... ya, snow with no base ... sucks ! ... :i_need_snow:

Later ...

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatly, both Gunny and I ride by ourselves. He has a buddy the just bought tracks but hasn't used them yet. Its a good exercise in being cautious.

If speed is your thing, tracks won't be. Seldom will a high HP machine hit 30 mph or 50 kmph. But they will climb anywhere, in anything.

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow gets any deeper gunny you may have to get a sled

HAHAHA !!! ... You need to go back & read the 5th post BigRed800 !! ;)

But, a sled would be fun ... and I've ridden them ... but it's a different type of riding ... and I really enjoy the tracks on the Grizz!

And, sleds get stuck too :sadbanana: ... AND, the tracked Grizz will go over some very deep snow ... just like a sled ... if it has any base to it. :d

But that dang crappy snow we had last weekend didn't do'in anybody any favors .... we'll see how tomorrow is ... :common001:

Later ...

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm so confursed...
Sleds = Winter
Quad = Summer.

Yup, you is confused Sledbunnyracing .....

Sleds = Winter
Quads = YEAR ROUND FUN !!! .... :rolling:

And I guess I beat my ... DRUMS ! ... I was gonna say DRUMS !!! ... to a different beat perhaps ?? .... :Happy4:

Later ...

Top Bottom