Strikt Gear

Shovelking780

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or purchased the Strikt snowmobile gear? Nice looking gear from what I see on their website supposed to be durable. Apparently their out of Golden BC I'm considering this stuff coat and bibs for my new riding gear. Any thoughts?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the jacket at the sled show, I really like the fit and the style , zippers seem well done but no storm covers on zippers, decent pockets and vents in good spots, material is very pliable and not stiff. Hopefully it's as good as they say breath ability wise. Just under $400 , can't remember exactly.
ive worn Klim for years , and always been very happy with it. Last year I wrecked Klim pants and couldn't find a large tall soi bought a pair of motor fist pants the shell style. . Warm , dry and fit well but wouldn't buy another, the material just seems so crispy and Stiff so noticeable all day, not like the Klims. I tried on Strikt pants but they didn't fit as well as Klims. Probably find another pair of Klim bibs. Nice to see some new style and products.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried on a pair of the bibs at the sled show. Really liked the fit and finish, may pick up a pair when my current ones kick the bucket.

They're built for taller dudes. Meaning, the guy who designed them is a tall lanky feller and the fit of the bibs reflects that fact (good for tall buggers like me). The guy at the sled show who was showing them to me suggested I try a pair of 3XL on and I laughed cause although I'm not skinny, any usual bibs in a 3XL would leave me swimming in extra material. Not so with the Strikt bibs. These fit me perfectly. Great leg length, perfect fit in and above the waist. Built-in (removable) knee pads are a cool touch. Overall I was pretty impressed with them.

Strikt

Reaction score
Hey Lenny, I wanted to thank you for your support. I noticed your comment about the storm flaps and thought you may be interested to know that these YKK zippers are made in Taiwan opposed to China and are a slightly higher spec/tolerance. Almost all of our test rider preferred no storm flaps and the TW YKK zips as a common remark on the models with storm flaps was that it added a noticeable amount of stiffness to the overall feel of the jacket. The fact that you even noticed tells us you know your stuff, so we really hope you like your new jacket and please let us know if you dont. We can throw some storm flaps on there for ya if thats what it takes! haha

Happy Shredding!

Team Strikt

Strikt

Reaction score
Tried on a pair of the bibs at the sled show. Really liked the fit and finish, may pick up a pair when my current ones kick the bucket.

They're built for taller dudes. Meaning, the guy who designed them is a tall lanky feller and the fit of the bibs reflects that fact (good for tall buggers like me). The guy at the sled show who was showing them to me suggested I try a pair of 3XL on and I laughed cause although I'm not skinny, any usual bibs in a 3XL would leave me swimming in extra material. Not so with the Strikt bibs. These fit me perfectly. Great leg length, perfect fit in and above the waist. Built-in (removable) knee pads are a cool touch. Overall I was pretty impressed with them.
Hey Old-Soul, Thanks for the compliments. You are right, it was designed for tall buggers like you. If you look at the bottom of both the "Rigger-Bib" and "Stinger Pant" you will notice a 4" tall cuff made of 989D Sled-tek. Up to three inches of the cuff can be easily removed without effecting the waterproofness of the garment. Most competent sewers or seamstress can trim it and install a new zipper stop or we can do it for you if you pay the shipping.

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought the full get up at the sled show. It felt the most comfortable, out of all the other brands that I tried at the show for me. Can't wait to get out riding with it.
I will update later on how the gear is doing. First ride is dec7,8 in golden.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Old-Soul, Thanks for the compliments. You are right, it was designed for tall buggers like you. If you look at the bottom of both the "Rigger-Bib" and "Stinger Pant" you will notice a 4" tall cuff made of 989D Sled-tek. Up to three inches of the cuff can be easily removed without effecting the waterproofness of the garment. Most competent sewers or seamstress can trim it and install a new zipper stop or we can do it for you if you pay the shipping.

Didnt realize there were more than one pant style . Was there only one at the show or did I just not see it. Does each style fit a different build better than the other. I really liked the pants they just didn't feel right, I'm just over 6 ft and the xl is a great fit with a bit of extra room if I need to layer a bit heavier.

Shovelking780

Reaction score
I'm sorry I missed the gear at the sled show I would have liked to try some on to see how it fit. Unfortunately I'm not tall and skinny not sure how that will work.

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I missed the gear at the sled show I would have liked to try some on to see how it fit. Unfortunately I'm not tall and skinny not sure how that will work.

It fits good for me. I'm 5'10" and not skinny by any means and I went with the large bib pant and jacket, and still have enough room for layers.

Squatchxp

Reaction score
nice looking gear. Anyone have an idea of the temp rating? I ride in -20 to -40 often so need something with a little warmth.

Korey

Reaction score
I bought the freeride jacket and rigger bibs at the sled show fit very well and seemed well made will have too wait for some snow for a better review I'm just going they keep my a$$ dry

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Is there any dealers of this around calgary? I'm interested in trying something different.

Strikt

Reaction score
Is there any dealers of this around calgary? I'm interested in trying something different.
Hey cnelson6, Our products are distributed through MSD (Mountain Sports Distribution) and they do have quite a few dealers in your area. All you have to do is ask your preferred dealer and they will likely already have an account with MSD as they also distribute 509, Snowpulse, Skins, ModRods, and more. You can also order online and we can either refund or exchange if you are not happy with your purchase. www.strikt.ca

Shovelking780

Reaction score
Hey cnelson6, Our products are distributed through MSD (Mountain Sports Distribution) and they do have quite a few dealers in your area. All you have to do is ask your preferred dealer and they will likely already have an account with MSD as they also distribute 509, Snowpulse, Skins, ModRods, and more. You can also order online and we can either refund or exchange if you are not happy with your purchase. www.strikt.ca
I don't see a size chart on your site anyway one can get one it sure would help with ordering on line?

brad6

Reaction score
Are you guys going to have booth at the s'toon sled show? In the market for a new jacket would like to check out ur gear!

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the freeride jacket and rigger bibs at the sled show fit very well and seemed well made will have too wait for some snow for a better review I'm just going they keep my a$$ dry
Ha, so you still remember the time you left your gear in the trailer and woke up to drenched gear? Lol

Strikt

Reaction score
I don't see a size chart on your site anyway one can get one it sure would help with ordering on line?

Sorry we have been having issues with the website. The updates should be completed Sunday night and that includes the size chart. We can post the chart on our facebook page in the meantime. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Top Bottom