Strange sound on my xp

jpow

Reaction score
i hear a jingle sound once in a while like a few coins in a ash tray come from the left side and when going down hill on trail and starting to give gas. any ideas?

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your slack adjuster in the chain case, it may need tightening. on the gas it slaps in there and thats when you hear it, It does sound the like the bottom of the engine but likely is the chain case.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a look at your clutch? Mine does have a little noise just at idle. same jingle you discribed.

jpow

Reaction score
Have a look at your clutch? Mine does have a little noise just at idle. same jingle you discribed.

Mine is a 08 and i just added some pin wht and thats the first ride since that and everything was good i even put new rollers and spring cap rebult and cleaned so maybe no big deal just pin it !

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could be any of those posted above...more likely its your exhaust springs.

Pull them all off. Grab either some high temp or RTV silicon and squeeze enough into each spring. Let solidify over night, slap the springs back on and see if you still have the noise.

Its better to take the springs right off I have found, rather than try and squeeze the RTV onto the sides of the spring.

Depending on the adjuster you have, the washer on the outside of the helix shouldn't jingle as it should be tight against the adjuster.

tpollon2

Reaction score
i hear a jingle sound once in a while like a few coins in a ash tray come from the left side and when going down hill on trail and starting to give gas. any ideas?

Do you have electric start?

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah, its most likely the gear on the starter hitting the ring gear on the primary because of a weak spring every now and then....no big deal...they all doo it at some point.

tpollon2

Reaction score

Yeah, its most likely the gear on the starter hitting the ring gear on the primary because of a weak spring every now and then....no big deal...they all doo it at some point.

yep X2, usually riding between 5000-7000 RPM. Will not harm anything, just annoying.

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
“ting” oh yeah if you pop the primary off you will look at the crank stub and prolly about at 7:00~8:00 you will see wear on the frame. I suspect that either the front engine mount on the recoil side is cracked or the rear engine mount on the pto side needs badly of re-alignment or the rubber is split.
To find out the pto rear mount, you literally have to unbolt the engine and lift up to check that mount, it may be failed.

bad on 08~09 models.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My guess is the primary buttons have play. after a while it makes a typical skidoo noise.LOL

skidoogirl

Reaction score
“ting” oh yeah if you pop the primary off you will look at the crank stub and prolly about at 7:00~8:00 you will see wear on the frame. I suspect that either the front engine mount on the recoil side is cracked or the rear engine mount on the pto side needs badly of re-alignment or the rubber is split.
To find out the pto rear mount, you literally have to unbolt the engine and lift up to check that mount, it may be failed.

bad on 08~09 models.

Joe, my rear PTO mount was torn half way around. I was getting a deep half circle groove in the frame from my ring gear. Took off that mount and it was bad, lots of vibration visible from that mount when sled was running. Dealer keeps trying to tell me "it's supposed to do that, no big deal, we have never had to replace a motor mount". So I have a couple ordered. Obviously if it's torn the motor is going to move too much. I swapped it with the front PTO mount (it was just slightly starting to tear), and vibration stopped. Hmmmm, duh. So those mounts do tear quickly and will allow the motor to move a LOT.

But, it wasn't a jingle sound. It was a horrible metal on metal screaching sound when that happened.

Jpow- have you checked your primary to see if it has worn parts in it? I hear that sound a little sometimes and think it's the adjuster washer also, as my clutch parts are good. But a worn out clutch can cause all kinds of noises.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard a bit of tinkling in mine this weekend. After much thought and putting my ear to the side panels concluded it was my starter ring hitting a bit. No big deal!:d

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that sound is one of Bombardier's latest features - it means add money soon :d

revdog

Reaction score
I had the same noise in mine at idle.rev it up and noise would change.
the noise was coming from pri clutch.
Found the balance washer came loose and had slight damage to the spider.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one doing the same. Took it out with the panel of in the dark and the starter pinion gear is contacting the ring gear when grabbing RPM, bit of a fireworks show.
Havent tore into a fix yet

Top Bottom