Stolen!!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have asked for 10 minutes with each girl if I were you sledmamma. Glad to hear they found your toys, let us know what kind of shape everything is in when you finally get it back.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very cool that you will get it all back. I think the cops should be more organized. did they ever find the two guys? when or if you go to court give us some names! we need to have a visit with these guys!

m8magic

Reaction score
WHAT? Do you guys not do a shift change report to be current with stolen goods that you should be looking for???

Is it just me, or does it seem strange that there is such a lack of momentum here??

nope its not just you...but ask the officers what time Tim Hortons have the fresh honey crulliers out and they know that for sure cause they pass that info on from one shift to the next

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still like the idea of lopping off a body part such as a finger for the first offense and then a hand for second offense as they supposedly do in parts of Asia. If they keep stealing it gets harder and harder to do so with less and less. Of course the bleeding hearts would never allow it to happen over here but I'm just saying it would be a major deterrent. Glad they found your trailer.
I SO AGREE !!!!! There is nothing more irritating than theives !!!!!!!:rant: No respect for other people's stuff OR the hard work to buy the stuff you enjoy !!! The theives put more effort into thiefin stuff than they do getting a job or trying to be upstanding citizens, being a asset to society !!! It is a shame that in this day and age we have to be paranoid about locking our stuff up so idiots don't thief it !!! :rant:
(Ok, I think I'am done ranting !!!!!) LOL
Glad there is a happy ending to this needless stressful situation !!:d

spike7ss

Reaction score
Good news on them finding your trailer. I know everyone doesnt want to hear this, but out around Breton they only have a small office with very little staff to cover a large area. That would be why its so hard to get a hold of anyone out there. It is actually a very busy place.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have asked for 10 minutes with each girl if I were you sledmamma. Glad to hear they found your toys, let us know what kind of shape everything is in when you finally get it back.

I only needed 5 mins... Potassium injections work very quickly, and then I'd do CPR, bring them back a few times and send them to the hospital for a while. Maybe they'd value life a little more with a near death experience under their belt... Sigh...

very cool that you will get it all back. I think the cops should be more organized. did they ever find the two guys? when or if you go to court give us some names! we need to have a visit with these guys!

Yup, I'm stoked to have my Rhino back. Jamboree was looking pretty sad with all 5 of us crowded onto my Suzuki DRZ 400!! And yes, names would be awesome, cuz we all know they will be out again in no time, so that will give us a chance to have a little visiting time...

Good news on them finding your trailer. I know everyone doesnt want to hear this, but out around Breton they only have a small office with very little staff to cover a large area. That would be why its so hard to get a hold of anyone out there. It is actually a very busy place.

I know that Breton is small, but one single phone call to alleviate a racing mind and saddened heart is all it would have taken. And, Breton is only 1/2 hour from Rimbey where the theft originated. Some communication among officers here would have been nice. Technically, the officer who came on this morning should have been alerted as to yesterdays' activities, especially given the fact that he had no idea the trailer had been found. Its pretty hard to look for stolen vehicles etc., if you don't know they are stolen...

Further, how long would it have taken that police officer I spoke with early on today to look up the report on the computer and just tell me if my Rhino and snowmobile were found also? Constable Kenny started his shift at 6pm and phoned me at exactly 6:04pm to give me the same information. It really wasnt that hard.

Small detachments or not, people are still people and with the amount of technology we have today, it really is inexcusable to not communicate.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its great that you got your belonging back and glad to hear people on this form are willing jumping in keep a eyes out for your trailer believe me iam a little
nervous owning stuff .Its seem what ever you have there someone out there
willing to steal it.Grow up in small town you never worry about theif i alway left windows open tapes out on the seat its was simple back then you mess
with my stuff i mess with your face tit for tat:rant:

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyways...THANK YOU to the Queens Cowboys that they found my trailer.

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad you got your stuff back. To bad they will get off with a slap on the wrists. I say "Cane" the ba$tard$. In countries were they cane (I think it is cain) people, they is less tha a 20% reoffense rate. In Canada, we have a 80% reoffense rate. 6 lovely lashes and they would at least be out of commision for 2 or 3 months. I bet that we would have a lineup of guys for the job of "Official" Cainer. Just my rant. Really glad you got your stuff back! The system does work sometimes.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trailer has officially been found with ALL of the machines inside. AND, two female passengers are in custody. No word on the males who took off on foot... This is a happy ending I didn't dare hope for. Here's praying the girls turn in their loser BF's and I get to have my day in court. I did ask if I could have 5 minutes of alone time with the gals, but Cstble. Kenny claims he doesnt know where they are being held. He did chuckle a little when I asked though...

The truck hauling the trailer was also stolen and some other stolen paraphenalia was also found with the unit...

I am still a little perturbed that since the Breton RCMP phoned me at 1am to ask if the trailer was indeed stolen, I have not heard from them at all. Repeated attempts to contact the station to find out if the Rhino and Phazer were still inside yielded absolutely no return phone calls. My father in law even drove up there and was unable to locate even 1 officer. When I stopped by the Rimbey Detachment, the police officer on duty had absolutely no knowledge of the stolen trailer and machines and deferred me to my original officer. WHAT? Do you guys not do a shift change report to be current with stolen goods that you should be looking for???

To Cstble. Kenny's credit, he called me as soon as he came on shift at 6pm to give me the good news that the machines were recovered. However, Cstble. Kenny himself said that he has not yet spoken to Breton Police and was only reading me details from the report summary on the computer. He was unable to give specifics of any kind.

Is it just me, or does it seem strange that there is such a lack of momentum here??

Glad to hear that you got your gear back.

And now a big old welcome to alberta justice system. You feel as though the RCMP were a little slow and unknowing. Just wait till you get to court if you even go. I doubt you will ever see the people who ripped you off. You have shown that you would like to see them for just 5 min. Now they need to be protected, they will get a free lawyer. Wait no you and me and all other tax payers are paying for it. There is little chance that the girls will finger the guys they were with. The girls were no doubt still there to give the boys a running head start. No crim rec. on the girls so they are gonna get a verble warning and MAYBE some hours. Under age girls forget it they will walk out.

When my truck was stolen i watched it drive away with my 2 y/old in my arms. I had gone outside to start the truck came back in the house to put his boots and coat on. Walked out and saw it driving away. With kid in arms there was nothing i could do except watch and start dialing. When the truck was found it has ID from 7 different people mostly just papers with bank info or items they might have been able to use to start with ID fraud. These things were still in the truck when i went to get my personals from the truck. I called and asked if all these things were going to be returned to the ritfull owners. ANSWER NO It would be cleaned out after i got my stuff and sent to the scrapper for parts. After taking what we thought we could try to return we started to make the calls. The only person that we returned was a lady from camrose whos receipt book, library card and car keys.
I was not able to go into the court room infact told to leave the building. This was after i was told be be at court the day of, incase i had to give my story of watching the truck. When i asked why i was being told/asked to leave, i was told for protection. Yes i asked "WHO"S" crown told me to answer the question myself.

Be happy you got your toys back and that if they broke anything it can be fixed.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The good thing is that you got all your belongings back. They probably won't even bother to look for the other guys for the reason that your stolen property has being recovered. It's easier to pick on us snow and mudders rolling into town to spend some money in their community,and look for petty infractions on our trucks or trailers. It is an easier target,less work involved and closer to timmy's.

han solo

Reaction score
Great news on getting your trailer, good thing it wasnt in revy or it would be gone for life. Hope you get ins on the trailer this week.

charty

Reaction score
cmon one of us here must be a rc. it would be a shame if some names got leaked

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also ... Thanks to all you Snow and Mudders for passing out the word and keeping an eye out for Sledmammas and my trailer. I think the cops were tipped off by someone from here or facebook and in return our trailer was snagged early. Once again THANK YOU very much!!!

The Masers

Ps see you at the Jamboree

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no prob were always here to help others out were like one big a$$ family here:clap2:

Last edited:

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A great ending to this theft. To all the peeps who think you should have a nice fuzzy feeling for your stuff back I say bullchit.

There are lots of people who bust their asses to buy toys, vehicles, homes, etc and some people finance it. Imagine a new sled with 6 or 7 years financing and it getting stolen.

As long as us pushover Canadians say awww glad the dogs ok this will continue happening.

Good on you SledMamma for being vocal. I hope a lot of noise is made about this and things start to change.

I really wonder if the mounties care about this sort of stuff when there are cars going 15 kmh over the limit going downhill. Too bad there's no revenue generating getting stolen stuff back to its rightful owner.

Cheers
Chris

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to be able to see what follows with something like this. IF they did catch the two guys, I would be curious to see what punishment they get, if anything. Sadly, if it is like any other case, it will be drawn out for an extremely long time before anything is resolved, then they will be given a term, but get credit for time spent in custody. Usually a 2 to 1 credit (like WTF is up with that?) , and be back being a detriment to society in no time at all.

I can almost feel for the cops, as they have to deal with our ineffecient legal sysem way more than someone in the public has too. Can you imagine catching some of these people multiple times, just to know the legal system will be releasing them in a couple days, pending a trial. Would really take the drive out of a person.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure of you guys remember,,in Whitecourt a few years ago a Ex RCMP had his 2 Quads stolen,.he found the thieves who would not tell him where they had the Quads, This ex Rcmp is good friend of mine who has a bunch of Helicopters he uses for Oil field operating, they tied these guys up,covered there eyes and put them in doorway of helicopter and up they went, was only 6 ft off the ground, BUT with eyes covered ,they didnt know, he threatened to throw them out if they didnt say where the Quads where, They did, he got them back, BUT, the Thieves pressed charges againist my friend and HE got 1 yr on Jail, Not them! Go Figure.
I have sign in front of my farm, Forget the dog, Its the Owner you need to watch! theres no respect for others Property nowadays and the thieves seem to get better Rat Basturd Lawyers then us.

Top Bottom