STOLEN SLEDS-----RCMP no help at all,,,,waste of taxpayers money

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder about the cops in Barrhead!I had a truck stolen from L&M!I get a call from Marty asking if I picked up my truck 8 am,report stolen at 8:15,tell cops I made some calls my truck was spotted at 4 am driving in trailer court,cops finish their coffee go to trailer court,I go to trailer court, see my truck tracks in the dirt,cops stop me ask what I'm up to,explain it was my truck that I reported stolen,they let me go,they go back to cop shop,8:30 Marty calls me,mechanic on test drive finds truck 1 block west of Barrmart,I go tell cops,they tow it to cop shop!This was a tuesday!Thursday they fingerprint truck,tow truck tows it to Westlock then its sits there for a month until insurance releases it,tow back to Barrhead for appraisal,fix damage,get back week later!!Cops never went to shop,never asked mechanics for finger prints(he said they got some good prints on the hood,I explained they were working on it when it was stolen).The cops just said to deal with insurance and shrugged their shoulders!!I ah to go out and buy a different truck because this one was never the same and learn to keep everything out of my cab!But if I would have caught the little bastards that stole it and taught them a lesson I'd still be in jail!Barrhead cops only have a hard on for check stops!Frickin town is crawling with thieves and drugs!:mad:

Yah I was born and raised in Barrhead and they are the worst cops ever! They just after young guys with tented windows and stuff that they can make a easy buck off of with no paper work.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes paypal protects the buyer .... he turns around picks your sled up puts a complaint into paypal they refund him the money and your out a sled

heard of guys doing that with cameras, etc.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate seeing honest people get screwed over there is alot of crooks out there. Ive done the exact same thing many times accepted large bank drafts without really thinking could this be a fake? Take a picture of the guy, his ID, licence plate, and bank draft is what someone told me recently if there nervous showing you the licence or getting there pic taken all you have to do is say no. Actually seeing the draft created in the bank is pretty simple too. Bottom line carefull with sales protect yourself is best policy to live by.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buncha real dirt bags out there!!! When I purchased my last 2 sleds one was done with a transfer to the guys account at a mutual bank and the other was cash in hand. When registering the last one it had never been registered before had a search done at licence place all went well but it does always make you wonder. Sorry to hear that you are out the sled and the car.

catf1000s/p

Reaction score
last summer (2010) I traded a nice red 96 Pontiac grand am 2 dr to a guy from Fort Sask, for a nice 91 Indy Trail deluxe for the wife to take grandkids around,I checked out the VIN with local Barrhead registries,no issues,so I traded the guy,,put new windshield,sliders,battery,flap,plugs,,and then insured and registered it 2 weeks before the Whitecourt Poker Rally.2 weeks after the Rally RCMP came and confiscated it,said it was stolen 4 yrs ago..???? I showed the Ladie COP my bill of sale,registration,her helperConstable Mongo didnt care,he just lifted it in the pickup and left.I spent 6 months trying to get it back,last week the Sarge told me original owner picked it up,and they wont help me get my car back,I have to hire a lawyer,its a civil matter..what a bunch o crap.I thought doing a search at Motor Vehicles was safe..apparantly not.because the older sleds are not a 17 digit VIN,registrie search is not accurate.so be careful ,take VIN and pictures to RCMP and registries and make sure it has registration.and get the sellers ID,,,2 pieces of photo ID the COPS tell me.
report your car stolen

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At one time an idiot thief worked at a bank, MAILED blank bank drafts to an idiot friend, this idiot took them to their work at the post office, used same machines for making real money orders, and made - - - - loads of fakes, then bought all kinds of stuff from people, cibc took sometimes 45 days to see they were duds. Hard working people get screwed again by idiots.... Grrrr......true story by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuel Fire

Reaction score
That sucks Ken. A lien search at motor vehicles will only tell you if it has an outstanding lien on it...and only a lien that was registered in Alberta. If it came from out of province, you have to do a lien search for that province as well...total crock of sh!t if you ask me. Anytime I buy something used, I check with this site Should let you know if anything is amiss.

the link to this website should be a sticky so it isnt lost in the forums.....
Appreciate that link never knew that existed....
maybe there is maybe 1% if our tax dollars that are not wasted on police agencies....

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes,the guy I got it from was innocent,as well as the guy that has the Grand Am,,I found this out myself..thru Car Proof , RCMP wouldnt help..

seeing that we are on bad cheque storeys, I listed a side car for motorcycle on bargain finder 5 yrs ago for 3000.00 guy phoned me,CALGARY number..I will send you a certified cheque...he did,with UPS...I deposited it in local Barrhead credit union..took them 21 days to release the money,it was week before Christmas,,I spent half on family,left half in..3 months later Credit Union Manager came to my shop and said the cheque was fake and I owe them $1500.00 they already took half out of account. I tryed going to lawyer,they wanted $ 5000 to fight it.I tryed myself 3 times in different court dates,finally judge said In Alberta all deposits are garenteed by the depositers..not banks....so he ordered me to pay the original $1500 and court costs for 3 trails,,,$6500 total....screwed again....so no more cheques,period..

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6 yrs ago I sold a Motorcycle Side car thru the Bargain finder, guy showed up,liked it, will call you,he did, said will send a certified cheque.he did by UPS...I took to bank, they said will hold for 10 days,they called, its fine,so Barrhead truck picked up the side car and never saw it again for 4 yrs,,,so 3 months later the Credit union manager came to my shop.,that certifed cheque was a fake? you owe us $3500 plus interest,I tryed fighting it.rat basturd lawyer was another $3000...court costs were $1500 for 3 different dates.I lost.,Judge said in Alberta,,, we the depositer are responsible for our deposits? so what about deposit insurance I asked? oh thats not for Credit unions...
so lost my side,and over $8000 ... BUT...2 yrs ago a trucking firm from Calgary called and said they have a crate with a side car in itwith my name as sender....come get it,,or goes to dump...so drove to Calgary,picked it up, changed it into cargo trailer and Recycle from Stony sold it for me for $1500..so got some money back...Basturds,lawyers,Cops.fake cheque writers.

Fullstroke

Reaction score
Don't do it.
I think we need to be aware of pay pay as well , not sure but? have had a few calls on my apex thats for sale , from people that want the sled no question on the price or condition of sled , will send money via pay pal and have a curior to pick it up , Humm, it might be a good thing i dont have pay pal, not sure ?

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a you get a bad draft and the guy takes your stuff does insurance cover this as theft? I would call it theft but interested what an insurance company will call it.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's brutal, pretty sad you can't trust cops anymore because there is to many crooked ones. I would of told them they need a warrant to search for the sled and made it disappear before they got it. You made a legit attempt to make sure it wasn't stolen, gotta look out for yourself number 1. Cops can't just come into your house for no reason. To many cops think they can do whatever the fawk they want.

Last edited:
Top Bottom