RCMP and Registries wont help check serial numbers.so going to Parliament

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after loosing my snowmobile to the RCMP last yr,.kinda scared to buy another .
so I asked my brother the MLA to start a new legislation so we can search serial numbers of motor vehciles.even if we have to pay ,it will be worth it.I traded a nice car for a nice sled 3 yrs ago. I didnt register it for 2 yrs ,thought I better for the Wct Poker Rally last yr, 2 weeks after registering it RCMP confiscated it,they contacted the seller and he got it from the thief,but he gets to keep my car? RCMP wont help get car back,say I have to hire a lawyer and take him to civil court,yea right, lawyer wants $5000 paid up frt to get my $1500 car back..
so beware fellow sledders, make sure its got active up to date Registration and you see ID from the seller,taking VIN to RCMP or Registries wont help.only for liens or if its registered,thats all.and sleds with aftermarket tunnels without a Serial number is iffy too.Thieves are getting away with our toys and were paying .I never had much money involved like some out there.I couldnt even report my car as stolen,he had a valid bill of sale from me!
So hopefully,my brother can get this changed.will keep you posted.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read about you loosing that sled before,really crappy deal.I dont understand why the guy that has your
car can't be made to give it back,because he got it by trading stolden goods.Alot of older sled's arent
registered,that makes buying used sleds more complex and scary.
I searcher the vin on my last used sled purchase as well(through the RCMP)But that still isnt a garuntee.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 yrs ago I took the serial no to RCMP,they said it was OK , AND I did research on that RCMP site . its not updated local Sarg tells me.so its still buyer beware..yes,I got a bill of sale, RCMP went to the guy that has the car, he got the sled from someone else too? but they still wont get my car back,its been sold 3 times now, I do a Car fax and it tells me its been reregistered 3 times since me...I just cant legallly get it back.without a court case.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That really suck's man.I'm almost afraid to register my sled after reading about what happened to you.
When I bought my summit,I did the same rcmp vin thing.online and in person at the local station,
just to make sure I wasnt buying something hot.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my quad stolen this July and I just checked its VIN on the RCMP website and its marked as stolen so they must update it :)

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 yrs ago I took the serial no to RCMP,they said it was OK , AND I did research on that RCMP site . its not updated local Sarg tells me.so its still buyer beware..yes,I got a bill of sale, RCMP went to the guy that has the car, he got the sled from someone else too? but they still wont get my car back,its been sold 3 times now, I do a Car fax and it tells me its been reregistered 3 times since me...I just cant legallly get it back.without a court case.

Small claims Provincial court doesn't require a lawyer.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right now, RCMP and Motor Vehicle branch tell me the only was we know if its stolen is once its registered, ??????I just registered my 600 yesterday that I have had for 2 yrs, but I have the previous registration and I know the guys father I used to ride .so hopefully I wont loose this one..

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
retired lawyer says small claims court would be waste of time, the guy I got it from wasnt the thief. and car has beed resold a few times to innocent people.maybe some single Mom has it,dont want to take it from her.??? No, what goes around,comes around.
maybe one of us will catch this rat basturd red handed ..beat em with my aluminum bat. We just had a sled taken from Whitecourt last night, ad on facebook says was taken out of owners back yard..these rat basturds are cruising our back alleys and country roads looking for em. So keep our toys out of sight guys,.lock em up., and INSURE em...its all we can do.

Top Bottom