Stolen sled and trailer from ft sask

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone knows of an awesome Christmas price on a new sled for me let me know, wife thinks i should wait until I am in BC to buy then not have to worry about storing for 2 weeks until I get to go home. Heres what I am thinking on sleds,BRP 2012/11 etec 154/163. If there is a god low km 2010 154/163, I dont want to go back to 09 because of suspension change in 2010 that I did on mine... Not saying I will buy but gives me something to look at anyways and make up my mind which is shot still today lol

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well somewhat good news.

I took my sled on the deck into the Fort to wash it and get the clutch alignment checked and low and behold i got pulled over, didn't care about my truck at all they wanted all my paperwork for my sled, they wouldn't tell me for some reason if they were looking for a specific sled but it obvious they are looking for one. After my paperwork checked out i got a window tint ticket lol.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well somewhat good news.

I took my sled on the deck into the Fort to wash it and get the clutch alignment checked and low and behold i got pulled over, didn't care about my truck at all they wanted all my paperwork for my sled, they wouldn't tell me for some reason if they were looking for a specific sled but it obvious they are looking for one. After my paperwork checked out i got a window tint ticket lol.

Thanks for that ram that actually made me smile. I am glad they are out doing something about it.....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the sad thing is, is that some do take the job seriously while others don't.
got pulled over 2 yrs ago pulling sled trailer and 2 sleds behind our grand cherokee. had zero.... i mean zero paperwork for anything behind me trailer or sleds. told the cop that as he checked the vehicle reg and my license. said ok your good to go. didn't even look to see what i had under the tarps on the trailer or check the vin on the trailer. rc's at their finest them guys were.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am glad that they are out there looking but I am doubtful it is still in fort sask. I am still hoping they are found safe and sound.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one thing I heard (not vouching for accuracy, just what I heard), in the Revy avalanche, 8 of the 52 sleds burried were stolen sleds.

Kinda makes you wonder when you are the the cabin - is it possible that almost 20% of the sleds outside are stolen?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one thing I heard (not vouching for accuracy, just what I heard), in the Revy avalanche, 8 of the 52 sleds burried were stolen sleds.

Kinda makes you wonder when you are the the cabin - is it possible that almost 20% of the sleds outside are stolen?

well if ya think about it the cops don't check vins on the trail head.... and a cheap stolen sled is good for modding up for guys ...

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you mentioned that the e-tecs are hard to find...i was just in at martin equipment west on saturday picking up an avy bag and they had lots out on the floor....talked to they guy and they had 4 163's left still....just in case you end up looking to buy

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah there are lots SPs left for whatever reason had X on mind lol. Price in Ab are high right now. I am just going to take my time and when the right sled comes along new or used and a price I can't say no too. That's the one I will buy. Kinda sucks starting over but it is a lesson learned

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll keep my eyes open around Kelowna. Check out Castanet.net out of Kelowna for sled and trailer sales. This Chit p!sses me off so bad. As mentioned earlier, we work hard for toys and some Cack Sacker comes along and thinks he's entitled to it. I also agree that the RCMP could do more but the officers know as well as we do that there's no fricken justice even when these Pr!cks are caught. Why should they waste their time and effort on something that doesn't seem to matter to anyone except the owner. I have been checked for registration only once in my life and that was when I was 12 and returning from a trip with my Dad. Since then, nothing. I don't even know why I even register my sleds anymore, other than I have to to get insurance. Good Luck! I hope they find your stuff....better yet, I hope this afternoon you drive by Petro Can and see your trailer with some Dirt Bag in the store getting a bag of Nachos to satisfy his Dope Craving. Go in and make him an offer...."Crucifixion" or "Freedom".

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i might be selling the 2010 summit x copper-black tunnel 163 with 600 miles on it... its like new .... and going back to a rev .... ive rode it a few times and still not sure if i like it...

Attachments

• IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 254

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh has a vent kit on it since that pic... also has mounts at in the tunnel to carry something other than a doo jerry can ... has a 10 inch riser with a 2.5 extra riser .... muff pot , tss can , rear rail remount bracket , skid plate ... ect...

d10

Reaction score
you had a blog earlier on that you were interested in selling this rig and looking for an open two place did you previously show this to someone that was interest and maybe they went back and aquired it !! something fishy here!

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No d10 I never got around to showing anyone. The first guy to come see it was with me when I found it stolen. I have never told anyone where I store it. For those exact reasons.

d10

Reaction score
i'll keep an look out in this part of the country i came up from edmonton yesterday didn't see anything who ever did this probally went east, west or south but you never know. best of luck .

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree with the ghost. have said it before crusifixtion may be a bit extreme. but tie these fuggers to a post on the side of the highway with a big sign saying i am a theif i stole ........... from............... leave them for a week or two then jail after see how they change maybe after that.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bumping this to the top for ya. Had an enclosed trailer stolen once too and the RCMP honestly couldn't care less, then took a bath from SGI. I still have a bad taste in my mouth about that.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah thanks for that. Looking like a bust for me this year now. Haven't found a price on something I want I feel justified in paying at the moment. I still hope for the best and it will show up but not holding my breath for it. May wait until spring see what 2013 doos look like. May be on a better position then. Just hate to take a season off

Top Bottom