Stolen Credit card????

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much can you spend at Costco with a stolen credit card in less than one hour?????

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and family were in Penticton about to do the tube ride down the canal. Got on their tubes at 3pm and by 4pm they had $9800.00 on the one card. I guess they sit and watch people get out and rent tubes knowing that they probably wont have their wallets while floating in the cannel and be busy for a couple hours. Sure wreaked their holiday as they were going to rent seadoo's, go-carts, etc no credit card no can do.

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks, You would think that the store clerk would check for ID, it is a awfully large amount, but then again the generation out there now... well there dumb. All in all still sucks, is the credit card company doing something?, of any sorts?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good idea is to write "ask for photo ID" in the signature line instead of your signature.
thieves see that and bin the card.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention they stole their drivers lic as well. I guess they buy a day pass at Costco. All you need is AE credit card. They also bought a pile of stuff at Home Depot....self check out sure makes this stuff easy now.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With purchases of those sizes the Credit card company is supposed to get the card owner to phone and verify the purchase and the info they ask most isn't on a liscence.
I went to buy a Tv for $3000 and had to phone the credit card company to verify it was me making the purchase instead of someone else.

deanb

Reaction score
It all depends on your spending habits. If you normaly make large purchaces on your card they will not call to confirm. I have had my card stolen a couple of times. It has not cost me a cent just the pain in the butt to get a new card. The first time they ran up over $20K the second time just $500.00 and they caught the guy because I put on the card see Photo ID. The guy at Best Buy looked at the card and asked for ID, then the dumb ass that had the card took off but the store got his cars plate number and they got him from that. I buy every thing on my credit card, I never carry cash so I put see Photo ID on all my cards. That way if they are lost they are not worth much on the street.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are preying on folks at the tube ride you would think the tube ride folks would be more diligent in preventing these thefts.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's canal beween two lakes not excactly a ride. Would be closer to being on a beach and getting your wallet stolen. I never take my wallet to the beach just some cash in my shorts and the "ask for ID" on your card saved my butt once too.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are preying on folks at the tube ride you would think the tube ride folks would be more diligent in preventing these thefts.

It's been happening at that parking lot for years. even when I was young and we would head to Penticton, there would be break ins at the vehicles. One other scam would be someone jamming small sticks into the tire valves. Only one tow truck company in town then and they would be the only ones to come out and assist.

Pay some kid to jam stick in tire valve...$10
Pay towing company to fix tire on site....$75
Suckering stupid tourists into scam........Priceless

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Had my wallet stolen quite a few years ago, and the thief(s) went to capillano safeway and bought $800.00 worth of steaks and eggs and then to canadian tire and bought a $800.00 barbecue and accesories for it and then back to safeway and bought another $1500.00 worth of meat. Then they stopped by footlocker and bought $1500.00 worth of top of the line running shoes etc. They did all this in less than 1 hour. The visa security department contacted me(i never even new my wallet was missing - ball tournament) that nite and asked if i had used my visa and he asked me to get the card..... Looked for my wallet for about 5 minutes and obviously couldn't find it. They had already compared the signatures of the purchases, as they thought it was suspicious activity, and they were already looking into getting any video recordings from the stores... They took it pretty seriously. Signatures weren't even close they said, and it is up to the stores to verify signatures! I asked who was going to pay for the purchases and the security guy said the stores will be eating these bills!............. It was quite an experience to go through. Had to cancell all the rest of the cards and reapply for all new id's and credit cards and membership cards, etc.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what is funny is my brother just had his truck broke into twice last week, they took his spare keys and wallet. He had to replace the lock set on every thing including the motorhome. They have gone trhough 9 credit cards and 3 drivers lic in less than 3 weeks. He does not think its funny at all.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a crime spree in our neighbourhood last fridaynight/early saturday morning. 2 young guys on bikes breaking into vehicles. Seen entering the neighbourhood at 3:30AM and leaving into the river valley at about 6AM Saturday morning. My truck got hit....all they took was my mileage log!! I keep nothing else in my truck for this very reason. Neighbours lost sunglasses and other stupid ch!t. Apparently they don't get cash for anything anymore so it's spare change, wallets, personal info that they want. I'm out over $300 for a window. Now if they would have knocked on my door and asked if I had any work for them I would have paid them MORE for a days work than what they likely got in change. Pisses me right off....I supposedly live in a GOOD neighbourhood. Cops did admit that they have seen a rise in crime even in areas that were once immune to this crap. Cops were actually pretty good about it but what still pisses me off even more is that the cops love the "we got a gang member" publicity, but really think about how many peoples lives a gang member really effects. Property crimes FAR, FAR outweigh anything gangs do and effects EVERYONE....but it doesn't make for good TV publicity if a little punk breaking windows is caught. On the news out of Vancouver last night the police there admitted property crime is way up, is the biggest problem they face and that there is little they can do about it.

Now my wife is paranoid as the our hood was hit about 6 months ago as well, and we moved here becasue it was supposed to be a "good" area. We escaped injury that time, but now I'm beginning to be paranoid as well, and I HATE that I have to live like that....thinking everyone in our neighbourhood that I don't recognize is automatically guilty till proven innocent.

Not sure what I would do if I ever caught one of these guys in the act.....that's how angry I am right now. No matter what you do to protect your property or your neighbours property, or be a good citizen and look after your neighbourhood, there is always some jerk who has to ruin it for everyone.

Starting to feel like an American......where's my gun....ask questions later.

Just heard on the news that propane tanks are now the hot item to steal. Is nothing safe anymore....

GET A LIFE!!! GET A JOB!!!

Rant done..........

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're stealing frickin' MANHOLE COVERS to sell for scrap for crap sake!!! Do they really think it's easier to lug around a couple of 200 lb manhole covers to sell for $25.00 than get a job?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're stealing frickin' MANHOLE COVERS to sell for scrap for crap sake!!! Do they really think it's easier to lug around a couple of 200 lb manhole covers to sell for $25.00 than get a job?

These days you can sweep a floor somewhere for $25 an hour......and get medical/dental.

sigh!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a crime spree in our neighbourhood last fridaynight/early saturday morning. 2 young guys on bikes breaking into vehicles. Seen entering the neighbourhood at 3:30AM and leaving into the river valley at about 6AM Saturday morning. My truck got hit....all they took was my mileage log!! I keep nothing else in my truck for this very reason. Neighbours lost sunglasses and other stupid ch!t. Apparently they don't get cash for anything anymore so it's spare change, wallets, personal info that they want. I'm out over $300 for a window. Now if they would have knocked on my door and asked if I had any work for them I would have paid them MORE for a days work than what they likely got in change. Pisses me right off....I supposedly live in a GOOD neighbourhood. Cops did admit that they have seen a rise in crime even in areas that were once immune to this crap. Cops were actually pretty good about it but what still pisses me off even more is that the cops love the "we got a gang member" publicity, but really think about how many peoples lives a gang member really effects. Property crimes FAR, FAR outweigh anything gangs do and effects EVERYONE....but it doesn't make for good TV publicity if a little punk breaking windows is caught. On the news out of Vancouver last night the police there admitted property crime is way up, is the biggest problem they face and that there is little they can do about it.

Now my wife is paranoid as the our hood was hit about 6 months ago as well, and we moved here becasue it was supposed to be a "good" area. We escaped injury that time, but now I'm beginning to be paranoid as well, and I HATE that I have to live like that....thinking everyone in our neighbourhood that I don't recognize is automatically guilty till proven innocent.

Not sure what I would do if I ever caught one of these guys in the act.....that's how angry I am right now. No matter what you do to protect your property or your neighbours property, or be a good citizen and look after your neighbourhood, there is always some jerk who has to ruin it for everyone.

Starting to feel like an American......where's my gun....ask questions later.

Just heard on the news that propane tanks are now the hot item to steal. Is nothing safe anymore....

GET A LIFE!!! GET A JOB!!!

Rant done..........

Sorry to here it, my Bro lives in one of RD's nice area's. Anders On The Lake, if you saw were they broke into his truck, you would be amazed. Extreamly well lite and wide open. Brave little ba$t@rd$.

As for the propane tanks, they use them to cook meth. If you see a house with tons of propane tanks and grass/trees that are all dead...its a meth lab.

I saw a show in US were they were stealing in service power lines, melting the covers off in thier back yard and selling the copper for scrap....insane!!!

Top Bottom