Stocks

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all.
anyone have any good stock tips they care to share?

I haven't been following too closely but am now ready to.

I missed AVL -Avalon rare metals at .58 in March and now 3.74...ouch

POT - Sask. potash corp. :(

DA.A ...don't ask

Cheers
Chris

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all.
anyone have any good stock tips they care to share?

I haven't been following too closely but am now ready to.

I missed AVL -Avalon rare metals at .58 in March and now 3.74...ouch

POT - Sask. potash corp. :(

DA.A ...don't ask

Cheers
Chris

Do you have any good ones that we should know about?

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take a look at shore gold,they have the huge falc diamond play by prince albert.its going to retire me early..........i hope....

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just starting to play with a small RRSP acct now, got into OPC at 1.66, now sitting at 2.05 or so. I think it has to be one of the best buys right now.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im in on sgf for the long term,it is definatly a 5-8 year play but has a huge upside.they use the dakati mine as a close example.it started off the same way and ended up around 50 bucks..

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over the years these small caps have burnt allot of people, my opinion go with solid mid to senior companies with divedends or go broke. Very few small caps make I know they have to start some where but in the long run they overall do not perform.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In that group: Manulife Financial. They recently cut their dividend and got hammer by the market for it. The stock price has not recovered yet like the other financials. They have a long history of growing their dividend.

Buy on bad news and sell on good works for me - as long as it's a solid blue chip growth company.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
take a look at shore gold,they have the huge falc diamond play by prince albert.its going to retire me early..........i hope....

yeah that has been the call for alot of years. Shore is an exploration not a extraction company.....what is nuna going to become a extraction major.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they do have one of the largest "extraction"companies as a 40% owner in newmount mining,thats says alot..

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
they do have one of the largest "extraction"companies as a 40% owner in newmount mining,thats says alot..
I apoligize for the rant. But if newmont was a serious extraction company they would be balls deep in the hope bay gold mine. at 1000 per oz gold prices with an infrastructure near complete. (i know ive been to the mine site) and then the Fort la corne with minimal infrastructure and then only two shafts. Second with the FLC wanting to go open pit it is years away from a decent mine. (ive been to flc also) SGF is saying that it will be in production in near 2012. However the books will not carry that kind of overhead. and the big contractors will be looking for a real investor who will pay the way. supply wise it is avery good mine project and i hope to work there in the near future. but that mine has been on off on off for too many years now. but i hope it goes.

Top Bottom