Stock Car Racing in Hinton Sept. 26,27 09

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
Hello all. I am happy to announce that there will be some racing this year in Hinton! The track is putting on a show on September 26th and 27th. Everyone is welcome and admission is free! Donations for the Hinton Food Bank will be accepted.
Come on out and enjoy a great day of racing. There will be cars and trucks from all over Alberta. Classes will be Mini Stock, Street Stock, Super Stock, Stock Truck and Alberta Modified. We may see some Wasota cars and possibly a couple of NPP cars. All racers are welcome. Bring your racer and try out the track. Come see what is in store for next year!

For more information contact Shawn @ 780-865-1400. Monday to Friday 8am to 6 pm. Or call after hours, 780-817-1695.

Please let anyone you know who might be interested in racing about our event. We have very short notice for this race so we are all trying to get the word out to as many people as possible. Thank you for your support. See you out there!

We are also looking for volunteers! If you can help, please give me a call!

Shawn Johnston
Owner
Minute Muffler and Brake
Hinton Automotive & ATV Performance Center
113 King St.
Hinton, Ab.
T7V-1G7
780-865-1400

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would or can the track handle a sprint car? Could you post some photos? We will be just getting back from the Canadian Sprint Car Nationals and providing we are in one peice we may be able to come even for a couple demo laps....get the fans really pumped. Nothing definate just feeling it out.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would or can the track handle a sprint car? Could you post some photos? We will be just getting back from the Canadian Sprint Car Nationals and providing we are in one peice we may be able to come even for a couple demo laps....get the fans really pumped. Nothing definate just feeling it out.

Call Larry Deverdenne at 780 817-4581. Sprints would be scary fast on the new layout. I don't believe there is fencing in turns 1 & 2.

As soon as Larry approves the info on the web page I'll post a link to it. I'll get some pics posted aswell.

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca

A sprint car would be awsome. There are no walls on turns one and two but I'm sure you could pull off a few hot laps and keep it on the track. The track conditions are awsome. The track was rebuilt a year ago. It is flat and smooth with a solid base. We wet and packed it a few weeks ago. It needs a little work. There are still some small rocks on the surface. We will be working it over during the next two weeks.
Check out pics at Facebook group, Yellowhead Speedway.

Where are the nationals? Good luck!

Spread the word about the track. This is one of the best tracks in Alberta. It's going to be a fun place to race. Hope to see you there.

For more info contact Larry 780-817-4581 or myself at 780-865-1400.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oshwekan Ontario on the 17th, 18, and 19th..three night of racing with an anticipated 80+ cars registered...pretty pumped up about it as we went last year forthe first time and the track is awesome. (track owner is a 410 driver) so he knows what it needs.

Thanks for the good wishes could be a 110-15K pay day over the three days.

Yeah it would be nice if we could get another northern alberta venue to run vs. Castrol all the time.

Top Bottom