Stm tools and parts

aamcustoms

Reaction score
IS ANYBODY ELSE UPSET WITH STP PARTS?
i have a 2007 crossfire 1000 in my shop that belongs to a close friend, full d&d exhaust, boondocker, holtzman nitrous, slp head etc... i have 1800 miles and was blowing belts. alignment was right on . i noticed a bad roller in primary & then noticed a bad motor mount, so i put the stm sollid mounts in on pto side, STM uhmw snubber block, new cat mount on mag side, (as per stm recomendations), they said this is a safe measure to prevent cracking... well i just welded up the bulkhead in 3 places from the retarded vibrations since the mounts were installed, i have cracked a D&D y pipe, pipe and can twice, im lucky that dons speed has replaced the exhaust parts under warranty, but im shure its becuse of the mounts.
I also put a brent linderman mount in bottom.. i replaced the spider with the stm billet one that is rebuildable, we have 250 miles on that machine since all work was done and it sat over the summer, i prep it for mountians last week and noticed... THE STM MOUNTS HAVE DELAMINATED FROM THE STEEL OUTER RINGS, I HAVE 2 ROLLERS IN THE SPIDER THAT HAVE POUNDED OUT THE FIBER WASHERS ON THE SIDES, ONE BUTTON ON SPIDER IS EXTREMELY LOOSE, CAUSING THE PIN TO WONDER IN THE ROLLER TO A POINT WHERE THE PIN WENT OFF CENTER IN THE SPIDER AND CAUSED THE PIN TO WEAR INTO THE SPIDER AND MAKE THE ROLLER CROOKED, ALSO MESSED UP A SET OF WEIGHTS FROM THIS... SO I TALK TO STM AND THEY TELL ME THAT THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS HAPPENING, AND SAID THAT THEY MAKE A PIN AND ROLLER KIT, AND IT WILL COST ME 100 DOLLARS TO BUY... AND THEY HAVE NO REASONING FOR THE MOUNTS TO FALL APART.. EVEN AFTER SENDING PICS THEY ARE NOT COMMING UP WITH ANY ANSWERS ABOUT IT. I HAVE BOUGHT ALL THE SPIDER TOOLS FROM THEM, ALL THEYRE ALLIGNING TOOLS, PARRALIZM ALLIGNMENT TOOLS, THE MOUNTS, THE SPIDER, AND EVEN SMALL TOOLS ETC.. AND AFTER GIVING THEM OVER 2500 IN COLD HARD CASH, THEY HAVE NO REASONING TO WARRANTY ANY OF THERE PRODUCTS... IN MY OPPINION, I WOULD RECOMEND THIS.... ARCTIC CAT HAS SPENT MILLIONS IN R&D TO MAKE A GOOD SLED... KEEP IT STOCK, STAY AWAY FROM THESE AFTERMARKET GIMMICKS, CAT HAS ALREADY INVENTED, AND PERFECTED THE WHEEL.. LETS KEEP FOCUSED AND NOT BASTARDIZE YOUR SLEDS WITH **** THAT HAS A FRACTION OF THE R&D AND END UP MAKING THE WHEEL A SQUARE.. KEEP IT ROUND BOYS!!..

aamcustoms

Reaction score
Stm also sold me a tool for checking parralizm, with a cheap dial indicator, and i bought the 33 and 35 mm adapters, the guy i talked to said that the cat lay down engines were all the same taper... A 35mm, i insisted that the 700 was a 33 mm taper and he argued the fact, so i insisted that he sell me the 33mm adapter aswel, i had explained to him i want to check the parralizm of the engine to d.d, he said i need this tool, well yea it looks like a nice piece.. But it only checks the horizontal parralizm.. Wich isnt really a concern.. We need to check to see if the center to center is set propper and parralile to eachother the other way... Plus uppon using this tool in order to use it you must remove the left hand belly pan off your machine to het the tool down there... What a joke.. Never once did they say that you mist dismantle your sled to use our product.... Never onve did they say it was for horizontal allignment wich doesnt effect ch!t other than a slight twist in the belt... And he didnt even know what adapters i needed to use his tool on cat engines.. All and all... Use your discrecion guys.. Close to 3000 dollars to supleme tool in a year and im noticing that my local hutterite collony does nicer better quality work.. Just my 2cents

Top Bottom