stewart

Itsworthit

Reaction score
Just got back from Stewart, 3 days of incredible sleddin, I would really like to say a great big thanks to Jim H. and his Gals at the King Edward Hotel, they were fantastic, they kept the resturant open until we were all off the hill, and fed us absolutly great food, (2 thumbs up on the halibut), a very hospitable and freindly community, I highly recommend the King Edward. Sleddin was fantastic, about 2 feet of the peak of the cabin showing, clear skies and warm, tonnnnnns of snow, and about a million miles of riding, for all kinds of abilities, I know I'll be back there, once again thanks,
P.S., Jim H, I'm the guy who just about took yer mud flap off, sry

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad too hear you had a great time in Stewart. Will be heading there May 8th for our annual trip i cant wait, it's my favorite place to ride.

Itsworthit

Reaction score
Pic of the cabin at the trailhead

Attachments

• Stewart Pics April 1, 2009 015.jpg
    Stewart Pics April 1, 2009 015.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 66

Itsworthit

Reaction score
Pic of the old Granduke mine

Attachments

• Stewart Pics April 1, 2009 018.jpg
    Stewart Pics April 1, 2009 018.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 60
  • Stewart Pics April 1, 2009 056.jpg
    Stewart Pics April 1, 2009 056.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 72

Itsworthit

Reaction score
More snow and incredible scenery

Attachments

• Stewart Pics April 1, 2009 022.jpg
    Stewart Pics April 1, 2009 022.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Stewart Pics April 1, 2009 031.jpg
    Stewart Pics April 1, 2009 031.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 62

Itsworthit

Reaction score
Happy Valley cabin and one of the godzillion glaciers

Attachments

• Stewart Pics April 1, 2009 050.jpg
    Stewart Pics April 1, 2009 050.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Stewart Pics April 1, 2009 042.jpg
    Stewart Pics April 1, 2009 042.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 64

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, now i can't wait till May 8th lol.. Did you see many slides when you were there ? It's a beautiful country. Was there last Aug with the quads, if you get a chance to go there during the summer do it for sure. Did you stay on the Stewart side ?? Much hassle with the border crossing ?? Glad you had a great trip now you will have to make it a yearly trip it's awesome there.

Itsworthit

Reaction score
No slides to speak of, a few small sloughs, we mostly stayed off the steep stuff for that reason, spooked this year, best to err on the side of caution and sled next year, quite a ways for every year, but every two years in a very possible possibility, this place should be on everyone's bucket list

Big Grump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went there last May on the long weekend. Just an awesome place. The staff at the King are great.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Stewart, 3 days of incredible sleddin, I would really like to say a great big thanks to Jim H. and his Gals at the King Edward Hotel, they were fantastic, they kept the resturant open until we were all off the hill, and fed us absolutly great food, (2 thumbs up on the halibut), a very hospitable and freindly community, I highly recommend the King Edward. Sleddin was fantastic, about 2 feet of the peak of the cabin showing, clear skies and warm, tonnnnnns of snow, and about a million miles of riding, for all kinds of abilities, I know I'll be back there, once again thanks,
P.S., Jim H, I'm the guy who just about took yer mud flap off, sry

Planning a trip in may & have never been to Stewart. King Edwards sounds like the place to stay. Do we need a guide for the areas? Any issues with Alaska border crossing? What's the chance of getting out fishing for a day or two / is it too early in the season for first week of may? Thanks

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Planning a trip in may & have never been to Stewart. King Edwards sounds like the place to stay. Do we need a guide for the areas? Any issues with Alaska border crossing? What's the chance of getting out fishing for a day or two / is it too early in the season for first week of may? Thanks

Also, just wondering how many hours from Edmonton to Stewart? Thanks

Itsworthit

Reaction score
A guide is probably helpfull, we didn't for the first day, Jim from the King Edward, came out the 2nd day and showed us quite a bit more, (great guy), lots of riding area there, bigger than you can imagine, the border crossing into the USA is non-existant, there isn't one, just drive accross find a spot to unload yer sleds, (be careful where you unload as the plowed roads are not very wide), keep to the right when you get into Hyder then down to the water treatment plant, there is room there to unload, kinda the spot where most unload, you will need ID when comming back into Canada, there is a border crossing guard there, (very nice and friendly), probably 16-18hrs from the big city

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering when you guys give up for the season. I would have time near mid June to ride. Is this feasible?

Thanks,

Paul

Top Bottom