Stewart B.C.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been sledn in Stewart lately ? Anyone going up for May long ? Will be there May 15 for out annual trip.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a friend there right now on a 7 day sled trip I will let you know how it is next week.:D

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He better because he is starting to miss lot of work...:mad: I better not say to much he's my boss back in Calgary...good thing he never comes on here....lol:D

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is an amazing place to ride. If you think the Renshaw is big, it is nothing in comparison. It is huge and wide open there. Lots of glacier riding as well. Last year May long, they still had a bunch of snow in Hyder at sea level. If you ever get a chance to go, check it out.

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
Yes we are going to Stewart May long. We got spoiled at Smithers and heard that Stewart is better so we are off to ride the best :D Where is a good place to stay. I will bring my fly rod just incase of some down time ( that ticking time bomb XP drive shaft ) Fly fishing is the second best thing you do with your clothes on next to sledding.:rolleyes:

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We stay on the Hyder side at the Grand View Inn. Or Dave Craig has a good set up on the Stewart side, Stewart Mountain Lodge. We stay on the Hyder side because of the border crossing, but it isn't a big deal but sometimes they can be a pain.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leaving for Stewart tomorrow afternoon. Staying in P.G. tomorrow nite, then off to Stewart.

shreddog

Reaction score
still tons of snow!!!
had a group riding last weekend in 90 degree weather!
smooth up high and a little bumpy down low.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still tons of snow!!!
had a group riding last weekend in 90 degree weather!
smooth up high and a little bumpy down low.

when do you guys call it a season?
next few weeks I am guessing, when does the season start up there?
man I wish you were closer.

shreddog

Reaction score
I've called it a season personally. its bowcandy season no?
But if it happens to snow up at the peaks or there are some friends in town riding I'll go. last season august 18th was the last ride for some guys still tons of snow on the roads right now. very easy access. I like pow, so spring/summer rides dont get me as excited as they used too.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:d:cool:
I've called it a season personally. its bowcandy season no?
But if it happens to snow up at the peaks or there are some friends in town riding I'll go. last season august 18th was the last ride for some guys still tons of snow on the roads right now. very easy access. I like pow, so spring/summer rides dont get me as excited as they used too.

POW ummm POW, I hear ya,
just watched your segment, good job Dave, vid looks great,
I love hit n those drifts to re-entry, you make it look Eeezee!
too much carnage in Spring, ya need like 3 sleds for a month of riding. cause if ya aint crash n ya aint try n hard enough:cool::d:rolleyes:
maybe we will ride one day, do ya ever come down south a bit. hard to leave the best snow in da World I guess.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave, how's the sledn looking for Aug long weekend ?? A few of us are comeing up to do some quading, always wanted to check out Stewart/Hyder in the summer, should i bring the sled as well lol... Are yah gonna have any extra dvd's for sale, if so i will buy a few.

Scot

green momba

Reaction score
The snow in november looks sweet, rode alot of places but never stewart have always wanted to make the trip. Anyone know how many hours from edmonton?

shreddog

Reaction score
I'm gonna guess 14 hrs from edmonton.

Quadding is insane here in stewart. Only problem is snow! problem?

last year we were sledding third week in august!
But the quadiing will be sick aswell.
Make sure you get down to long lake. cross the creek and theres tons of quading.
I have dvds yes sir.
shoot me an email b4 ya head into town or just call the lodge when your here

weldor

Reaction score
Hey Dave, hows it going???

Sorry I missed the trip with Wes Murray and the boys this past winter. I have started my own welding business a year ago and was super buisy when they went this past spring. Also I was still fighting with problems with my sled. Hope to make it up this winter!

shreddog

Reaction score
going up for a ride this tuesday. A film crew doing some background footage for the olympics will be in town shooting HD from a heli. Should be a good ride!

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave,
Let us know how your ride was, and conditions, take some pics for us as well.
That would be cool to see.

Thanks

Top Bottom