Stereo

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need help my stereo quit all turns on but no sound not sheer if it's the deck or amp any one know how too tell what's up?

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes all the speakers go through the amp I forgot to say it's in a boat too

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May of got the deck a little wet in a rain storm amp is in a dry place.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd start by making sure your amp is getting power. Might have a little light on it or use a test light. Of course make sure battery is fully charged. Make sure the settings in the deck are good ie: amp on or something like that. Last resort hook the speakers up directly to deck and see if anything works

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like it was said earlier make sure the amp is turning on. fuse to the amp, ground tight, amp turn on switch power good etc. if you have good power and ground try jumpingthe power from your main feed to the switch power terminal on the amp see if that works. make sure you disconnect the blue amp tun on wire first though.
also check make sure all you rca jacks are still plugged in, that they didnt get cut somehow or anything like that as well. good luck

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if your deck got wet it migtht be toasted which will also affect weather the amp works.... if you have a spare deck you can test the amp by hooking the spare deck to the rca's and the ground and power if it works you know it is your deck...

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are out in the Sicamous Area I can look at it for you........seems I have been busy with boat stereos again this year......last week alone was 5 complete systems from Amps to deck.........had over $12 000 in equipment that I picked up in Vernon at the beginning of the week.......all installed and finnished today. WHAT A FRICKIN WEEK! that is my part time job but I can fit you in if you come this way! lol

Top Bottom