Stay out of the medians

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
k just gunna throw this out there again this year as it seems to me there are way more tracks in the medians than before......

those of us who live in counties where we have the luck and privilege to have the rcmp, and local authorities turn a blind eye to us riding ditches need to do our best to keep it that way.

One thing the cops will not turn a blind eye to is riding in the median. they will pull you over and fine you for it. but if we keep tracking it up because there is a little more untracked snow there we're running the risk of the county saying enough is enough and actually enforcing the law that says we cant ride the ditches (look it up, the law is in place they just don't enforce it)

so come on guys keep it to ditches so we don't lose our ditch banging.

Also with this comes don't take off into fields just because they don't have a fence. it is still private property and the more they complain about us riding on their land with out permission again the more we give ourselves a bad name and they start cutting back where we're allowed to ride locally.

Go ask the farmers before you go in, you would be amazed how many will be fine with you riding in their fields if you just show the respect of going to ask permission first. we have done this with a few local GBCA farmers and they we not only appreciative that we asked, the let us in to ride.

common courtesy and respect goes a long way

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once again there are tracks along the Whitemud by the snow dump (17st). They lead through a new development and end up along the Henday on the south side. There's more on the north side by the cemetary. Unbelievable. A black eye for all of us.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually do road tests along the northern section of the Henday. Looking at the drifts on the northside makes me want to hit them too, but I know better. I can see the attraction for guys that live around the area to ride them vs loading up and riding out of town.

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We loose more and more riding areas every year to idiots that pull shenanigans like this. These people simply don't care or have any respect for the riders that do, can't see it stopping any time soon so it will be us that suffer and death to local clubs and trails

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We loose more and more riding areas every year to idiots that pull shenanigans like this. These people simply don't care or have any respect for the riders that do, can't see it stopping any time soon so it will be us that suffer and death to local clubs and trails

Never heard of a local club supporting the use of ditches.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bitch every year about the tracks down the middle of the divided hwy. for One the ditches are way more fun on the outsides. Only a retard would ride there and think they are doing nothing wrong. And yes the cops turn a blind eye on sleds for the most part. The first snowfall this winter the middle of hwy 16 had tracks form the grove to wabamun. The outsides had none. I don't get it. I'd love to see a group doing this so I could deliver a child like lecture to them. Just no sense. Some people........

Last edited:

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard of a local club supporting the use of ditches.
Not saying they do, but if there are complaints of sleders riding where there not supposed to be it could make it hard to keep places open

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about these clowns that rode to the brewhouse in spruce grove the other night

I can't believe these two idiots did this just putting an ass clown name to all sledders, I'm sick of this and idiots up in the mountains with no backcountry experience or Avi training & leaving garbage & **** out their :( it's not a ****ing ski resort, & riding in the median is dangerous to the sledder & traffic

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
In AB Beach our trail runs right beside the bar, lots of times you will see people stopped for a bevy.....but spruce is a little different, pretty sure there is no trail running by there...

A lot of towns this is common. BUT I think Spruce Grove is a little bigger now to be doing that.

zeke

Reaction score
It's not that they're stupid or don't know better, it's "look at me I'm cool". Everyone knows that where ever snow has been thrown it's going to be hard. That makes the median that much smaller. No other logical reason to be there. Not to mention risking your life crossing hwy16. On second thought, they are stupid.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
we cross hwy 16 & 43 all the time, but we do it at marked crossings and make sure we have more than enough room given that traction can be iffy on the ice/pavement.

It's not that they're stupid or don't know better, it's "look at me I'm cool". Everyone knows that where ever snow has been thrown it's going to be hard. That makes the median that much smaller. No other logical reason to be there. Not to mention risking your life crossing hwy16. On second thought, they are stupid.

Top Bottom