Starting them young!!!

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
Here is my 16month old daughter Teagan, she has started riding young!!lol Her first ride on a quad was at 3 months old, and now that she knows what its all about, we cannot keep her off of them!! she has her own that she rides both in the house and in the yard....she must take after her mom though, she spends more time running things over and crashing!!lol Just thought I would share a pic or two,....enjoy!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 206

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cute! ...but you took a three month old baby for a quad ride??? That's crazy chit!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my boy was just weeks old when I did a lap with him all wrapped up in a snuggle pack for Snowarama...... his first ride was a modded 1978 blizzard 7500 plus with pipes......may have been a little loud for the little guy but we only went like 5 mph just to say he did his first lap!.......he started riding his own gas powered 50 cc quad at 2.5 years old and he got his first sled at 5, and still rides it at 10 years old.....550 RMK 136x2......he now rides his 80 cc 2 stroke suzuki quad and sled great......time to up grade both units next year......he is now riding a kawi stand up jet ski and loves it.....so I had to buy another one so I can ride with him this summer! yes start them young so they learn respect for the toys......I just hate how the government is trying to "KILL" the fun for kids and make it illegal for any one under 16 to drive a quad/boat (including a jet ski) and soon it will be a sled! if taught right.......and supervised......kids will stay out of the bad issues in life! the cops can write me the ticket for my son to have fun on his quad/jet ski!

Last edited:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cute! ...but you took a three month old baby for a quad ride??? That's crazy chit!

do you think it is wrong to take a kid for a quad ride.......maybe this ride was very slow and just did a circle around a house.......do you think anyone one on S&M would be dumb enough to go bash down a trail at 60 mph with a young kid on a quad? really! I took my kid for a ride very young at slow speed just to say that was his first ride!

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score

yes we did, she rode with her dad at 3months old on my 400ex, it was just a few trips around the yard, not like we were ripping down the trails or anything.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just hate how the government is trying to "KILL" the fun for kids and make it illegal for any one under 16 to drive a quad/boat (including a jet ski) and soon it will be a sled! if taught right.......and supervised......kids will stay out of the bad issues in life!

Yeah man, I feel sorry for kids these days. ...wondering how long it will be before they will have to wear helmits just to run around.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes we did, she rode with her dad at 3months old on my 400ex, it was just a few trips around the yard, not like we were ripping down the trails or anything.

...was just kinda shocked when I first read it, but I guess I'd probably do the same if I had kids.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, I feel sorry for kids these days. ...wondering how long it will be before they will have to wear helmits just to run around.

we never had a car seat....I remember laying accross the back window in my parents 60's caddy waving at cops........we are still alive........it is all a money maker.....sorry a bit off topic......

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my boy was just weeks old when I did a lap with him all wrapped up in a snuggle pack for Snowarama...... his first ride was a modded 1978 blizzard 7500 plus with pipes......may have been a little loud for the little guy but we only went like 5 mph just to say he did his first lap!.......he started riding his own gas powered 50 cc quad at 2.5 years old and he got his first sled at 5, and still rides it at 10 years old.....550 RMK 136x2......he now rides his 80 cc 2 stroke suzuki quad and sled great......time to up grade both units next year......he is now riding a kawi stand up jet ski and loves it.....so I had to buy another one so I can ride with him this summer! yes start them young so they learn respect for the toys......I just hate how the government is trying to "KILL" the fun for kids and make it illegal for any one under 16 to drive a quad/boat (including a jet ski) and soon it will be a sled! if taught right.......and supervised......kids will stay out of the bad issues in life! the cops can write me the ticket for my son to have fun on his quad/jet ski!

Vary true if you know how to use it you should be able to ride
Nothing that I hate more then in the summer when you ar teaching someone how to surf and a seadoo is right next too you
So teach the rules and how to so they can ride proper
My dad showed me all the right stuff on what to do

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
things sure have changed, my brother was brought home riding on my dads snowmachine right from the hospital as a newborn! Mom was not happy with the idea, but it was his thing!

No one ever said anything was wrong when my brother was dragging me behind my dads xlt580 on a GT lol....let me tell you when I wiped out it hurt like hell!! lol.....it sure was a step up from riding the elans that we were used too!!

when we were kids there weren't as many rules and laws and regulations.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...yup, we're not giving them the opportunity to learn for themselves which I feel is much more valuable than making them live in a bubble. In the end, it seems that all we're really teaching them now is that it is someone else's fault when they do get hurt.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My daughter is 1 years old on the 25th and has been riding quads since she was a couple months old and she loves every secound of it. She has her own Dora quad and rides it in the house and can't get enough of it. I think its worse for kids that don't learn young and get a job and bit themselves the fastest quad or bike they can buy with no experience. That us just a receipe for disaster in my opinion.

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
I learned how to ride at a young age, and was taught all the do's and don't's....(not that we always listened to them!lol) when we take our kids out with us we ride slower, and more cautious, with proper gear. Whether its right or wrong, is up to you as a parent, but quadding is a part of our lives and we love to share it with our children. Our kids just love it!! They love the ride, love when we stop to have a weiner roast, and just spending the time together....which is what counts!

here are a few more pics i found.....one of Teagan sleeping on the quad lol

and another one of Justice on her quad, see ricky was making her try to ride new things, ie holes over logs and things like that, while he is there to guide her and help her when she has trouble, this is how she learns and feels confident tht he is there just in case.

canadienking---our daughter too has the dora quad, but the dora stickers are not on it, her dad decaled it up with his own stickers LOL

Attachments

• j.jpg
    j.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 162
  • teags.jpg
    teags.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 157
  • teags2.jpg
    teags2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 162
  • teags3.jpg
    teags3.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 158

FTBeaver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My daughter has the Tinkerbell quad. We had to take it outside because she is leaving black marks on the floor inside. I took her for her first ride when she was about 5 months old.

Attachments

• Wainwright-20110518-00192.jpg
    Wainwright-20110518-00192.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 162

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember in the 1950s riding behind my Dads car ( four of us ) on a upside down car hood, in the winter around the back roads around Penhold. Then we got rich.......lol and got a toboggan you learned to put your hands up so you didn't go under the back end of the car when Dad stopped...lol. That was when the Goverment minded there own affairs !
Today it would be called " Child Abuse "

Last edited:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this land that we call Canada is now communist! there is a rule or a law for everything.......if you dont follow the rules you go to jail.......oh and give them all the money you make.......everything is taxed.....and taxes on top of taxes.......sorry for the rant and I went off topic! let the little ones RIDE!

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son was born in July, In september he was out quading with me putting up tree stands, sat in his first tree stand in october spent his first night in a outfitters tent in mid october, I do everything I can with my kids, Its just more fun.

Attachments

• jack quadding.jpg
    jack quadding.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 75

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a pic of my little Sydney all smiles after a quad ride in the family room.

Attachments

• IMG00022-20110523-1626.jpg
    IMG00022-20110523-1626.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom