Standard RMK vs Pfro RMK

nwoprormk

Reaction score
Hi I know this an old topic but anyone know if the standard rmk has the any extra strengthening in the tunnel/bulkhead area? I have a 12 SBA that has plates on the inside of the tunnel that join that spot. My 14 pro doesn't....

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rmk assualt might, but to my understanding the pro and std rmk are only different with shocks and handle bar set ups.

bradb

Reaction score
I talked to a Polaris Rep at the snow expo in west yellowstone. I told me the only difference between the two are the standard rmk has a chaincase and a front cooler. The rest of the machines are identical.But you have to snowcheck the standard to get all the pro goodies. ie,pro taper bars,clicker shocks etc.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They also have welded steel lower a-arms instead of the glued aluminum/steel ones on the pro. The RMK also has an aluminum over structure instead of the carbon fiber on the Pro. The RMK also has bogie wheels in the track. As said above, the tunnels are the exact same.

IMO the RMK lends itself to being a more reliable machine at the cost of higher weight compared to the Pro, if it was me I would snowcheck an RMK over a Pro.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They also have welded steel lower a-arms instead of the glued aluminum/steel ones on the pro. The RMK also has an aluminum over structure instead of the carbon fiber on the Pro. The RMK also has bogie wheels in the track. As said above, the tunnels are the exact same.

IMO the RMK lends itself to being a more reliable machine at the cost of higher weight compared to the Pro, if it was me I would snowcheck an RMK over a Pro.

thats a better idea, and then just swap the shocks

rugbynitro

Reaction score
The 15 RMK can now be snowchecked with a 163 or 155 for the first time and that's big. I've always wanted the old school benefits of the Assault but on a Pro RMK chassis and for the first time that's possible.

I snowchecked a 15 163 RMK LE after owning 12 and 13 163 Pro RMK's for the simple reason that the RMK is now a hybrid Assault for $1000 less.

The 15 RMK comes with free electric start, full set of Assault Walker Evans piggy back shocks, full 3 bag luggage set and Pro-Taper high or low bars.

Changes versus Pro RMK are the following: chain case (no belt drive), solid drive shaft (not hollow with a reinforcement collar), aluminum over-structure (no carbon fiber), and a front cooler (cooler running sled).

To me the belt drive and carbon fiber are just gimmicks that have not given me any trouble (knock on wood) but felt no different on my 12.

The only negative will be a weight penalty of 10-15 pounds once you remove the extra bogie wheels in the skid. The front cooler could easily shed 5-10 pounds of ice and snow from the tunnel so I think it's a wash.

Last edited:

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 15 RMK can now be snowchecked with a 163 or 155 for the first time and that's big. I've always wanted the old school benefits of the Assault but on a Pro RMK chassis and for the first time that's possible.

I snowchecked a 15 163 RMK LE after owning 12 and 13 163 Pro RMK's for the simple reason that the RMK is now a hybrid Assault for $1000 less.

The 15 RMK comes with free electric start, full set of Assault Walker Evans piggy back shocks, full 3 bag luggage set and Pro-Taper high or low bars.

Changes versus Pro RMK are the following: chain case (no belt drive), solid drive shaft (not hollow with a reinforcement collar), aluminum over-structure (no carbon fiber), and a front cooler (cooler running sled).

To me the belt drive and carbon fiber are just gimmicks that have not given me any trouble (knock on wood) but felt no different on my 12.

The only negative will be a weight penalty of 10-15 pounds once you remove the extra bogie wheels in the skid. The front cooler could easily shed 5-10 pounds of ice and snow from the tunnel so I think it's a wash.[/QUOTE

I'm real close to pulling the trigger on same sled in matte orange with black rails and ES.

nwoprormk

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I agree. 100%.Basically a rmk assault for in my case almost 1500$. No brainer.....especially after seeing just how weak the pro was in that spot. Cooler and case will give it strength there.....Appreciate all replies.

Top Bottom