St. Anthony Dunes, Idaho.

Flick

Reaction score
Has anyone made the trip. Really thinking about going down this summer. Is it worth it? Driving time? Places to camp? Any advice? Anything really..

Cheers

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
was thinking the samething. Heard it is about a 12 hr drive from edmonton area, depending how you drive. Heard it was good times. Going to find more info and what not and check with some bud's to see if they wanna make the trip, but would be nice to hear other peoples thoughts on the riding there

Flick

Reaction score
So we have decided to go July 9th to the 14th Riding on the 10th 11th 12th and 13th, possible fishing and stuff so far got 4 guys in for sure another 3 or so are interested. Anyone care to join?

Flick

Reaction score
this will do it more justice [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGsqVMDN3nA&feature=related[/media]

just look on youtube : St Anthony Sand Dunes.... there is a ton of videos

XTRM_CanAm

Reaction score
A friend and I did St. Anthony last year, Memorial day long weekend. It was great 4 days of quading. There is great staging tonnes of sand.

We traveled down there non stop but for fuel and snacks and did it in 14hrs doing 110km/hr. We stayed at the Rexburg and were only 27miles from the the staging. Rexburg is very safe community, but no liquor stores unless you go to the southern outskirts of town by Rexburg Motorsports.

Things you do need to ride the dunes:
min 6' flag
Insurance and registration
Helmet

There is over 11,600 acres of sand to ride. check out Dune Review

A few thing you might want to take with you on the dunes.
Wind breaker (weather can change really quick there in may)
tire pump ( broke the bead a few times)
Radios (if you have, this paid off for cresting the dunes and not hitting someone on the other side)
Water (a definite must)
Spare filters or pre filter covers (you'll want to change every day, the sand is very fine there)
Goggles (Its not fun driving blind thinking the sun glasses will work)

I was thinking of going back this year but can't with the baby due.

If I recall more I'll post it or you can pm me with more questions.

Top Bottom