sraying rocker panels

green momba

Reaction score
I have a lifted dodge { black } and my lower rocker panels are starting to get rock chipped:rant: I was thinking of having them sprayed with armourthane box liner spray. wondering if anyone else has done this and how did it turn out. seen a few trucks with this done but it was with diffrent colors. did not like.
thought black on black would work though:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine we lifted his Chev truck 8" and 3" body lift with 38"x15toyo mt's and put spray on liner on his truck on the bottom turned out awsome.His truck was black as well.Had no more rock chips or dents and his is running oil field roads.

green momba

Reaction score
was it line x or armourphane and do you know who did it. seen some that are very messy and not very even, that is why I am alittle worried about doing it. can you imagine trying to get that stuff off if the job went bad.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to kennyblatz on here he got his black on black dodge looks real good. I can get you some pics tomorrow if you like.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MB1--- some pics would be good. thinking of doing the same on my 06 F-350 Mine is charcoal grey with black 8-10" on bottom of truck.
Like to know who does this and what kind of cost?

green momba

Reaction score
I got told that brima in edmonton does a good job, armorthane and it was $900 with bumpers removed so they can spray behind them and that was also spraying my smooth fender flares. was told not much material but lots of wire tapping around doors and every start and stop point.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MB1--- some pics would be good. thinking of doing the same on my 06 F-350 Mine is charcoal grey with black 8-10" on bottom of truck.
Like to know who does this and what kind of cost?

I'll get some pics up tomorrow. My truck is silver so I'm not sold on the idea yet....if it was blaci id get it done already.

I think my bro paid $1100 but he got around the wheelwells and over his box rails too? maybe he'll chime in here after Dr. Phil is over........;)

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was quoted $650 by Line-x in Calgary for rocker panels front to back not including wheel wells, flares or bumpers. I have not done it yet but did have my box done and over the rails. Happy so far!

jeffso

Reaction score
I have 2" strip done on my on the out side of my wheel wells and the rocks tree branches ect do not even scratch this stuff. has been on for 6 years now and still looks new

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is is, too bad Kenny never washes his truck...........

Said he paid $900 in Winnipeg this summer. rockers, lower part of doors, around wheelwells.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 003b.jpg
    003b.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 004b.jpg
    004b.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 005b.jpg
    005b.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 002b.jpg
    002b.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 58

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like it, clean looking truck! Did he peal all the decals off as well? I don't much like decals either so I've peeled them off of mine as well.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like it, clean looking truck! Did he peal all the decals off as well? I don't much like decals either so I've peeled them off of mine as well.

Yah he did, he's done quite a bit of stuff to it. Carli suspension, injectors, turbo, clutch (es), look for him sliding around a corner near you. Dynoed 416 / 940 in spring.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of my owns Armaguard on the south side and he can spray any color you want on the trucks. I have a Silver Birch Gmc and had it sprayed to match the truck. Alot of people don`t even know I had it sprayed because it looks that good. It is more expensive to spray a color instead of black but its worth the money to match it.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of my owns Armaguard on the south side and he can spray any color you want on the trucks. I have a Silver Birch Gmc and had it sprayed to match the truck. Alot of people don`t even know I had it sprayed because it looks that good. It is more expensive to spray a color instead of black but its worth the money to match it.

Pics please. :beer:

Top Bottom