Spring Sledding In West Country

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen someone out at the sugar bowl on sunday [ i think they are crazy ]...

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A group of us went in on sunday, ran into 4 others just coming out. They had just drove in to check it out as they were on their way back from a Sicamous trip to check the conditions. they never dropped into the bowls. Our group went in and had a great afternoon . The trail in is very rough, but still snow covered. we went through the first bowl and i dropped down into the surgar bowl. Lots of snow down there, as i could not climb out. Took me about an hour to pack down a trail so i could get out. Even the turbo Nytro in our group had a struggle to get out after i packed down a trail. We had lots of fun though. Even went back one more bowl and checked it out. It was wind swept and bare across the top, but good snow down below. Just be aware of the land mines lurking just below the top of the snow

jkrabben

Reaction score
went in on to hummingbird/onion on saturday, snowed all day, probably about another foot of fresh snow, the snow had settled alot but there wasnt any open spots yet, trails are pretty pounded out but all the bowls were untouched, great day except for low visibility, probably go out one more time this weekend.

jkrabben

Reaction score

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well sorry guys one day ill get it figured out how to post pics and videos properly

It's easy man, you sign up for a free account at one of the above mentioned places, then start uploading video to you account. After that you can paste us a share link..... Super easy, heck if you can use this site you should have no problems..... LMAO

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just checking, but we can only ride there on saturday this weekend right? not allowed on sunday correct?

BIGHORN BACK COUNTRY ACCESS FOR SNOWMOBILE USE ENDS APRIL 30th! You have 4 days remaining! AND IT WAS EPIC OUT THERE TODAY :)

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you ride onion? any pics?

Yes Rode Onion, and beyond, Lake had a lot of snow on it 2-3 feet, and past the lake up in the bowls about the same or better! Judging by the trail in only a few days to ride with closure and lack of snow on trail!

Attachments

• IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0857.jpg
    IMG_0857.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0872.jpg
    IMG_0872.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 106

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from the weekend at onion lake

Sweet pic! Which side of the lake is that? Looks like same snow conditions, sun's melting it fast now!!! Are you riding out there this weekend again?

jkrabben

Reaction score
Sweet pic! Which side of the lake is that? Looks like same snow conditions, sun's melting it fast now!!! Are you riding out there this weekend again?

As soon as you get past the lake you go up a creek and there are lots of bowls up there. Yeah ill most likely be there saturday unless it gets stupid warm for the rest of the week, will you be out there?

Top Bottom