Spring Sledding In West Country

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Thought I would make a new post as most is about the West Country anyhow. Is not melting in the high country till afternoon. Trip is a go!!!! Looks like snow Sat/Sun......... YES!!!! Just need new lenses for my goggles,,, cant see in that snow with no tracks in it. Expect the trail too be por, but the slopes will be good.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought I would make a new post as most is about the West Country anyhow. Is not melting in the high country till afternoon. Trip is a go!!!! Looks like snow Sat/Sun......... YES!!!! Just need new lenses for my goggles,,, cant see in that snow with no tracks in it. Expect the trail too be por, but the slopes will be good.

Where are you riding? Humming Bird? or????? I'll be looking to Ride out west this weekend perhaps!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think we are going out west of the sunchild road...... had a friend out there last weekend and said there are no tracks anywhere............ and the snow is good and deep..... 35 miles and they were lookin for gas [ to the bars all day ] :d:d:d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some sweet looking riding in that area if you go west just after the river.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some sweet looking riding in that area if you go west just after the river.

i'm hopin so.....

was a waist of a good day last weekend going to cutoff-scalp creek.....

should have went where i wanted to go.... oh well u don't know unless ya try it...

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Where are you riding? Humming Bird? or????? I'll be looking to Ride out west this weekend perhaps!

Going to the Bird,,,,,,,,,, was snowing around Mountain Aire lodge today,,,,,,,,,,,,,, raining in the low lands,,,,,,, I have no problem with extras on this one,,,, might be the last ride in the Hummingbird this year.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to the Bird,,,,,,,,,, was snowing around Mountain Aire lodge today,,,,,,,,,,,,,, raining in the low lands,,,,,,, I have no problem with extras on this one,,,, might be the last ride in the Hummingbird this year.

Cool! PM me your number and I'll give you a call!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have avalance gear??? may need it if we get above the ice falls........ here is where we are going.....

Yes Sir! Got my basic gear, shovel, probe, beacon, pack, Tow rope etc... Pics look great, li'l shy on the white stuff. Any guesses as to whats there now? What day and time are you planning on heading out?

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
the snow was real good that day,,,,,,,,,, had troubles walking around when we parked the sleds,,, some pics are on high mark hill, not much snow there,,,, we will go straight into Boulder valley........ 1 hr +/_ leaving my yard @ 9:30am Sat. can give me a call tomorrow after 5pm,,, I am out of cell serv all day,,,,,,,,,, down in the Panther,,,, want to spend the day in the bowls,,, if the trail sucks,, we can try another spot.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k well have fun............. wished ya guys were going out on sunday so i could go with..... if ya go out sunday give me a call 403 729 2894

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k well have fun............. wished ya guys were going out on sunday so i could go with..... if ya go out sunday give me a call 403 729 2894

I'm out for sat not 100% yet but something came up, thinking Sunday ride out west as well! TEX let me know if your going.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
If I can lift my arms sunday, and if it is epic riding on Sat,,,,,,,,, snow advisory for Nordegg, hahahahahahaha!!!!! I may go again on Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!!!! Oh, and I dont break stuff,,,,,, My 500 is down, may need to ride my 380,, hahaha, now that would be memrabale!!!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I can lift my arms sunday, and if it is epic riding on Sat,,,,,,,,, snow advisory for Nordegg, hahahahahahaha!!!!! I may go again on Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!!!! Oh, and I dont break stuff,,,,,, My 500 is down, may need to ride my 380,, hahaha, now that would be memrabale!!!

Yeah I heard Nordegg may get some snow heavy snow advisory so far! Please post Sat conditions for us stuck working Joe's :):d:d:d:d

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like 20 plus cm out there today...... i'm going out there tommarow as long as i can find someone to go with....

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A group heading out now. Going out just past Nordegg to David Thompson and into Sugar area.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's Puking wet heavy Sheet now in Red Deer! WET WET WET Like a tramp on Granville street:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Top Bottom