Spot misinformation in revelstoke area

sled-fiend

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.raintek.ca
I had originally posted in the Revelstoke thread regarding the failure of my SPOT messenger. I had now diagnosed the failure to the cell phone that was receiving the messages. The following is the EDIT to my original post:

I tried the SPOT last night before bed in thick cloud and rain. Worked Flawless! Tried it again this morning walking the dog, Flawless! Tried again a few minutes ago Flawless! I logged on to my SPOT account and saw the OK messages were sent on my night out BUT my girlfriends phone did not show the messages. Appears that her cell phone is the problem as the messages were sent to my email and my other contacts email. I apologize to spot for the misleading information on my behalf and applaud them for chiming in. I will also post this in general and on snowest to clear up any misinformation.:beer::beer:

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Sled Fiend the snow is building up on the mountains behind my house (Mt Arrowsmith) hopefully itwont be long now,hope we get the snow we got last El Nino.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TTT....wonder if there is any word on the Revy SAR teams SPOT issue with messages not being received.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are required to use our spots for my job, so we have to check in with them in the morning when we get to work, every few hours during the day, then when we get home at night, We have troubles every now and then with them not sending messages, I love these things, but wish they had a light that let you know the message was recived

Just my 2 bits

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We are required to use our spots for my job, so we have to check in with them in the morning when we get to work, every few hours during the day, then when we get home at night, We have troubles every now and then with them not sending messages, I love these things, but wish they had a light that let you know the message was recived

Just my 2 bits

Maybe on the "new generation SPOT" that will be a feature. Here's hoping...

Top Bottom