Speedometer and Odometer not working on '06 M7

justn

Reaction score
All of a sudden last season my speedometer and odometer quit working. The rev counter still works, and the computer still tracks hours. Where should I start looking for this problem?

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you by chance had your DD out?? There is a small wire that goes into your DD that is for the spedometer it is held in by a little plascic clip....check the inside bottom of the DD for it.

justn

Reaction score
I haven't had my DD out. I do need to change the oil in there.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a look @ that wire thats the only thing i can think of sometimes that plastic plug that can break and fall out .....The wire may be in there but not in all the way.

justn

Reaction score
Alrighty I'll check it out. You don't happen to know of a good guide for getting into the DD do you?

justn

Reaction score
Awesome! And even better that we have the same year sled. I'll have to tear that out this weekend.

1Mrider

Reaction score
Justn,
I have an 08 M1000 and the same problem occurred with mine, arctic cat had a defective tach, you might need to replace the unit altogether. Mine was under warranty, not sure what you'll pay but I'd check other diagnostics first. Just a suggestion

justn

Reaction score
I took my DD out and check where the speedo wire was, and it was where it should have been. I'll have to wait until I get the DD back in and run it to see if it still doen't work. What else should I check?

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not to sure then buddy .....Have a look @ that wire and make sure its not cracked or anything .......Do you have a buddy with the same sled that you could possible switch out the gauge cluster just to see if its that?

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
replace the speed sensor in the dd 30-40 bux,common problem for these sleds
and an easy fix

Top Bottom