SOS Beacon trouble

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just tested my beacon for first time this year and no green light, changed batteries, still no worky. Anyone have anything else I can try? Sent an email to SOS warranty today but wondering if there is anything simple that I am missing.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure your plug is plugged in. =)

That's all I got. I don't own an SOS.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I'm not sure I can help you out but I do know that SOS has an excellent repair department. If you were to take the time to package it up with a note of the problem and send it to them they will almost always fix them free of charge. All you will end up having to pay is the shipping and they usually have an excellent return time on them. Its worth a phone call if you can't figure it out. If it was me I wouldn't trust it and I'd send it in even if it means you have to rent one for a weekend. My two cents. Cheerz :beer: and good luck.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Darcy, just waiting on a reply from them for a tracking number to send it in. Just wasn't sure if there was something else I was missing. It will be going in this week, shouldn't need it till early January anyway.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought they were manufactured in St Albert?SOS has an ofice in Riel Business Park dont they!Could be just a distributer!
catmando!

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There head office is in St.Albert in the Riel business park. You can actually drive right over there and maybe they'll even propide you a loaner if your going out to the mountains.

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you put the batterys in right because on mine they both go in the same way sometime you think they go the opposite way of each other.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep checked and rechecked the batteries a dozen times. I'll just wait to get it repaired.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Call SummitX,
No lights and no Sounds, not a good sign. A friend of mine had no blinky blinky or beeping in search mode, ended up being a broken wire/solder joint from the battery post inside. They did fix his for free, he only had to pay for the shipping.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spoke to them this morning. Going to drive it up to St. Albert on Monday morning and see if they can figure it out.

Top Bottom