Sooooo........anyone weigh the new sleds yet?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious what the real difference between the 3 are, ready to ride.

I know some are going to complain that wieght isnt an issue, but I think most would agree that all things being the same........ lighter is better.

Claimed wieght of the doo 154 is 464......pro is 417? Interested to see what the real difference in wieght is once youre ready to ride. And to compare wieght differences in things like tracks.....ie. wider track on doo

flame away:d

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This will become a pissing match.. so before it does..

Sure you can save a pound or two here and there with exhaust, etc..

BUT.. The one thing most people don't think about is weight of the BEAST riding the machine.. quit talking about flickable, bendy suspensions, track width.. and hit the gym to make the rider that much better.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wider and taller lug. Etec technology is not light I will tell you right now the amount of wiring and sensors is unbelievable. But worth the extra weight. Very hard to compare unless you strip the technology off the skidoo. Either way my group hasn't received our xms yet so haven't weighed them and no one has taken my offer to bring a pro rmk over to throw it on the scale. The pro will be lighter. My guess is 30 lbs. but the skidoo isn't as bare bones older technology so it's very hard to compare. It will come down to 2 questions. Is the Etec technology worth the extra weight? And is extra traction and a few more ponies worth the extra weight? For me it is but the amount of pro rmk that have been sold it is obviously not important to others like you said if all your worried about is the total weight

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I agree. Im not saying go buy the lightest sled.....it will be the best. But if the two are an honest 40lbs apart.......that is definitley something to consider. Are the features that sled provides enough to overcome that wieght difference? To answer that question a person needs to know objective facts like.......what does each sled weigh. I dont know why everyone gets so damn sensitive about this stuff.

I have a lot of wieght stripped off my sled.....and yes it does make a huge difference. Rider wieght does make a difference but for technical tree riding not as much. Its the wieght you are throwing around. And some people dont have any to lose.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I agree. Im not saying go buy the lightest sled.....it will be the best. But if the two are an honest 40lbs apart.......that is definitley something to consider. Are the features that sled provides enough to overcome that wieght difference? To answer that question a person needs to know objective facts like.......what does each sled weigh. I dont know why everyone gets so damn sensitive about this stuff.

I have a lot of wieght stripped off my sled.....and yes it does make a huge difference. Rider wieght does make a difference but for technical tree riding not as much. Its the wieght you are throwing around. And some people dont have any to lose.

Ya exactly. Hopefully someone will throw there XM on the scale asap

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell guesses 30 pounds, industry says it's more, the Doo is a bigger sled with a heavier more powerful engine. It's got a 1" wider track and is 6" wider at the front of the running boards this has all gotta add up. The Poo engine technology is older but the chassis is 4 yrs newer, should be more advanced and is, that six inches narrower at the foot boards, sold me. If the twisty skid works as advertised, it should work that much better in the Poo. Maybe we can get some cheap Chinese knock off parts to add it, lol Should be a fun year with all the new sleds out there!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell guesses 30 pounds, industry says it's more, the Doo is a bigger sled with a heavier more powerful engine. It's got a 1" wider track and is 6" wider at the front of the running boards this has all gotta add up. The Poo engine technology is older but the chassis is 4 yrs newer, should be more advanced and is, that six inches narrower at the foot boards, sold me. If the twisty skid works as advertised, it should work that much better in the Poo. Maybe we can get some cheap Chinese knock off parts to add it, lol Should be a fun year with all the new sleds out there!

What I'm getting at is not the chassis or engine date but more so that the Etec technology weighs more than the older throttle body injection system that's all. Hence why te original xp was much lighter than the new ones as they were carb with much less involved.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hmm that's a good point. I never thought about that. If the T motion skid/track works great on the XM, it should be even better on a much lighter sled. The patent might be a sticky situation. Now the Poos just need a motor.

I have to admit though. It's kind of nice having the new Cat at the back of the pack. Nobody has to defend it in these types of conversations. Lol

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think most Poo riders would take a bit of a hit on the total weight for better engine technology, no arguments there! I have never had any motor problems, but I would like a little more snort now and then.

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet the new cat is going to be no slouch. A buddy just got one and man that thing looks nice. Hopefully they got their bugs worked out. Holy cow is that hood/air intake assembly heavy. If I were building a sled and not afraid to throw a little money at the build.......the cat would be my choice hands down.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wider and taller lug. Etec technology is not light I will tell you right now the amount of wiring and sensors is unbelievable. But worth the extra weight. Very hard to compare unless you strip the technology off the skidoo. Either way my group hasn't received our xms yet so haven't weighed them and no one has taken my offer to bring a pro rmk over to throw it on the scale. The pro will be lighter. My guess is 30 lbs. but the skidoo isn't as bare bones older technology so it's very hard to compare. It will come down to 2 questions. Is the Etec technology worth the extra weight? And is extra traction and a few more ponies worth the extra weight? For me it is but the amount of pro rmk that have been sold it is obviously not important to others like you said if all your worried about is the total weight

That's hilarious! How come that arguement never works with the Doo guys when we talk about Yammy's? Only applies now that the Doo's are heavier than the Poo's?

Hypocrits! :smiliestirthepot:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's funny....your original post said we were talking about sled weights.

were talking about comparable sled weights. yamahas are not within 30-50lbs. yes they make way more horsepower but thats not what this thread is about. were comparing the new skidooxm and the polaris rmk not sure how 4 stroke yamahas got brought up lol? you can make another thread for yamaha nitro vs arctic cat m1100 vs skidoo 1200

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This will become a pissing match.. so before it does..

Sure you can save a pound or two here and there with exhaust, etc..

BUT.. The one thing most people don't think about is weight of the BEAST riding the machine.. quit talking about flickable, bendy suspensions, track width.. and hit the gym to make the rider that much better.

far more than a lb or two...

stock can for m8ho:

20121102_180825.jpg

jaws can:

20121102_180804.jpg

i thought there was maybe a 8-10lb difference in my other sleds when dropping the suitcase but this is insane!

yeeehaw

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet the new cat is going to be no slouch. A buddy just got one and man that thing looks nice. Hopefully they got their bugs worked out. Holy cow is that hood/air intake assembly heavy. If I were building a sled and not afraid to throw a little money at the build.......the cat would be my choice hands down.

got a few miles on one...got one in my shop right now tore to pieces...VERY unimpressed. it doesnt hold a line as good as the ol m, power is decent, the suspension is wicked good....like the best i have ever rode thru whoops, it is too planted, the turning radius is terrible, trenches like no other, it cant take a hit as good as the ol m.....hence why i went with a 2011 left over this year.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I once knew a few girls, some were skinny, some were a little thicker, some were...well...anyways.

I didn't always pick the skinny ones to romp around with because they were skinny, sometimes the thicker girls just out performed the skinny ones :)

BOOSTED

Reaction score
i found this on snow west, i know these are not all 2013 weights but i bet its not that much different.

these weights are everything full of fluids, oil, antifreeze...everything, except all fuel tanks are drained and completely empty

2013 PRO 155" 438 lbs
2012 PRO 155" 454 lbs
2012 M8 153" 496 lbs
2012 ETEC 800 154" 501 lbs

Top Bottom