sooo farmers....

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Isn't farming a little like sledding?

The farmer hopes for rain; not too much, some here, some there, not the heavy washouts with hail, nor the heavy windy rain storms! Never in the fall when harvest is going and not in the early spring when seeding is going full bore.

The sledder hopes for snow; is there ever enough or ever too much? Some in this valley, some in that valley or some more on that range. Don't want those clear, cold nights and the facets to effect the next snow fall or a cold spell to penetrate to the ground and form permanent weak layers. Those heavy, wet storms aren't the best but if they are early in the season, they make a great base.

The farmer and the sledder....is there anyone else that looks at the weather as much?

Yes the Concrete finishers.
My head is always looking in the sky and always on weather network on my blackberry.This year, up to this point is killing me.Me as a concrete finisher/small business owner I wine like the best of them.......not saying anyone in particular. If its not raining its to hot..... . Not on here to start crap.It seems like i have sat home more days this summer then i have in the winter.Looks like ill be eating KD this winter and parking the sleds.Maybe even sell one if i have to.It just really sucks you go pour a driveway make 500 bucks.You get caught in the rain and have to take it out. Costs you $5000.Then you work the next 3-4 days for free trying to fix that mess,never mind the unhappy customer.Urrrr see i can wine to.

I just pray for some days without a chance of rain.....Lets all just get along and enjoy the rest of what we call it summer.cheers
.:beer::beer::beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure what Canadian farms produce these days, as everything in the cupboards says made in China, Argentina or Australia. check your labels on cans and boxes, not much made in Canada anymore, are they getting subsides too. oilworkers should get the government to subsidize there wages for the last 12 to 18 months also.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure what Canadian farms produce these days, as everything in the cupboards says made in China, Argentina or Australia. check your labels on cans and boxes, not much made in Canada anymore, are they getting subsides too. oilworkers should get the government to subsidize there wages for the last 12 to 18 months also.

you can buy candian food products....but it is up to you to check the labels on can, frozen and fresh.......most of my food products I buy are candian grown......I refuse to buy imported food unless there is no choice....ie banana's, oranges etc......As a consumer it is up to us to make sure we support our own companies.

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if we are lucky we get like $3.00 per bushel of wheat, 1 bushel will make 100 loafs of bread, so if you buy that bread at $3.00 each someone is make a good coin their, but the problem is you cant get bread without the farmers and its the farmers that get paid the least, how does that work? to me their is something wrong their,,

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And really, can anyone even think of a year where SLEDDERS didn't say there was too much SNOW, too little SNOW, too hot, too cold, or anything? Everyone else just deals with the weather......

There...fixed it for ya !:d

Top Bottom