Son's First Trench!

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 4 year old has been wearing the track out on the Mini Z we just bought him. Was scared a bit for the first few rides, but now it is flapper to the bar everywhere. Also spent last week when we were in Vernon watching sled vids everyday with his big sister.

Last evening his was following me as I was packing the trails around the lake. He eyes one of the smaller hills up from the lake, and then gooses her straight up. The snow was at least 3 feet on that hill, and about half way buries it pointing straight up, skis to the sky. Must have laid about 8 feet of trench with it. I was really impressed that the Mini Z was trying to tractor thru that stuff.

I was laughing so hard I nearly cried. Rides just like Dad! Got him turned around and out of it - and of course he takes another crack at it. Priceless. Really wish I had the camera. Will try to get some pics this weekend - he likely won't shut it off.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing like watching the little guys trying to do what Dad does :) I have had the same experience time and time again. Glad you enjoyed it! Great memories! The 120's are such a great intro to the sledding thing!

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a couple of the boy from this past winter (finally got them off the camera!) BTW - he always went out with the helmet and chest protector!!

I came home from work that day and found the Mini Z half way up the snow pile at the end of the driveway with no kid on it. You can't tell from the pic - but that thing was a good 12 - 14 feet high from the snow we had this winter, and it had looked like he had been tracking it up all afternoon. I guess it was one too many hits at it, and he had buried the back end. Mom was too tired to get it unstuck - after doing it all afternoon.

Attachments

• DSC00512.jpg
    DSC00512.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00513.jpg
    DSC00513.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 42

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is his sister that will be the real holy terror! 2 1/2 and all she wants to do is go on the sled! After her older brother tossed her a couple of times pulling her on a sled on the Mini Z - it was safer just buying her own!

Attachments

• DSC00517.jpg
    DSC00517.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 32

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. My daughter is going to be 3 in May. I think she will be ready next season. I can’t wait!:d

doostylz

Reaction score
Awsome pics gotta love watching them get into the sport good for you guys hope it last and they grow up riding as much as possible. Just wait till there like mine 14 years old riding my old 2000 600 summit nicely modded and him getting that stuck lots now then you know your tired but I wouldnt miss a second of it when I see the worn out tiredest yet biggest grin at the end of a days riding THATS PRICELESS.

tredeb

Reaction score
Awesome pics!!

I just got my 5 year olds on Bravos this year. I didn't go with the mini sleds as I already had one Bravo. I thought I might have to govern them, but they were surprisingly light on the throttle.

I find it amazing how fast they pick things up, namely following Dad as mentioned. The only problem is that we have one Bravo longtrack and by the time a kid gets that stuck, you aren't going to rescue him with a short track.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's awesome getting the kids out on sleds/qauds. my boy was 11 last year started him on the old xlt. Hit his first tree second time out tried to take a bite out of the old hard mountain bar but thank god for full face hemlets he wasn't able to. This year he was still riding the xlt until we sold then he jumped on the summit when i wasn't looking. Now i gotta fight him for it every time we go out. I wish i was him though 100lbs soaking wet with that kinda power. It wouild be a whole new world. Sled + rider + fuel <600lbs. AWESOME.:Snowmobile1::Snowmobile1:

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sledding with the wife and kidz is priceless, laughing and loveing life to the fullest!!!!:cool::cool:

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh wow you guys havent seen anything.

When i used to get stuck a few years ago it was like stuck against a tree with no reverse.

Now when i get stucked i have a 12 foot trench behind me in the middle of a mountain on a 90 degree angle stuck in a 4 foot deep trench..

That's when i go "Dad im stuck"

And it's hilarious to see his reactions:p

But no it's great sledding when you weigh 150 pounds

I'm gonna out doo summitric soon

*Edit*
I dunno... Long tracking a 1000 to 174 x 3 x 16..
Crud..

Top Bottom