Sometimes I can hear my clutch engage

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every now and then when I hit the throttle my clutch engages hard enough that I can hear it smack.
Everything runs great and I have zero performance issues. I just want to check to see if there is something I shuold be looking at before I ride again.

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think it's normal. My 11 assault did the same thing til I put in slp mtx weights. Does it happen when you first pull ahead after using reverse?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya man. If I'm not smooth with the throttle, mine clunks too. I think it's the float on the secondary.
Using the brake/ throttle trick smooths the power delivery and eliminates that clunk.

Turts, typing on Tapatalk

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
I was thinking about the bit of float on the secondary last night.
Other than this minor concern this sled just rips. My last ride coming down the trail at near WOT, the skis feel like they are off the ground, the front end is coming up and I am just hanging on.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My last ride coming down the trail at near WOT, the skis feel like they are off the ground, the front end is coming up and I am just hanging on.

That's the way uh huh uh huh, we like it!!☺️

Turts, typing on Tapatalk

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the way uh huh uh huh, we like it!!☺️

hahahaha turts. we need to get together for a ride one day. im local to you. anyways as far as the clunk,,, mines the same. its the float on the secondary. ive heard they can have up to 3/8 inch side to side. I imagine when the belt engages the secondary, the outer is gonna contact the spacer/washer and make noise. ive Phu*ed with mine for hrs after removing the clutch and reinstalling it, thinking I missed something was no side play before taking clutch off, and with same spacers on it, I put it back together and theres play. as soon as I run the sled and engage the clutch, theres no play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom