Something New to Do

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need a new hobby.

All the covid is a bummer. No snow in the summer. Sick of doing nothing on every single weekend.

Obviously I need to buy a car or an atv to have fun with on the weekend right!

I dont know many guys that run quads or side by sides. I like the RZR RS1 but I dont really want to deal with a trailer and I have an old toyota truck so it would not fit in the bed of the truck. That leaves me with a quad. Big question is how often will I use it? How much quadding can a guy do around Edmonton or at least close to Edmonton?

The other possibility would be a car but something fun. I guess for the money its hard to beet a mustang. Alot more money than a quad though.

What are you guys doing to pass the time?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need a new hobby.

All the covid is a bummer. No snow in the summer. Sick of doing nothing on every single weekend.

Obviously I need to buy a car or an atv to have fun with on the weekend right!

I dont know many guys that run quads or side by sides. I like the RZR RS1 but I dont really want to deal with a trailer and I have an old toyota truck so it would not fit in the bed of the truck. That leaves me with a quad. Big question is how often will I use it? How much quadding can a guy do around Edmonton or at least close to Edmonton?

The other possibility would be a car but something fun. I guess for the money its hard to beet a mustang. Alot more money than a quad though.

What are you guys doing to pass the time?

Jet boat.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a quad, Mustang ( for sale ) but have my sights on a jet boat, think i would make evening runs or give me a reason to take the odd day off. From what i see depreciation is not bad if you buy a decent boat. Spend some $ on fuel though

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy that has a boat. Its not a jet boat but I think going out on that a few times a year really is all Im interested in

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lake boating and jet boating two totally different things, check out mean chicken jet boating

or come check out my mustang, very sweet ride

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah i used to love shooting clay birds. I was pretty ok at it. Strange thing is I prefer a side by side shotgun to everything. they arent as popular as the over under right now. I have thought about it.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jet boat.

Lake boating and jet boating two totally different things, check out mean chicken jet boating

or come check out my mustang, very sweet ride

I'd also recommend a jet boat.

Sometimes I feel that recommending someone try jet boating is like advising someone to try Heroin, about as addictive but a whole lot more expensive.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now I think I gotta try this jet boat idea. I was not expecting it as an idea.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha oh I already know about horse cost. Nothing against them but I am not a horse fan. I dont need to worry about something I need to feed to keep alive! ha

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But if someone is looking for more economical options:

Fishing
Camping (in a tent)
Hiking
Mountain Biking
Canoeing/kayaking
Dirtbiking
Paintball
Racing (find a crew position on a local race car)

Reactions: RXN

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a motorcycle, an adventure or sport touring nice just leave home no trailering or travel time need.
You can go by yourself or hook on with a group still can ( social distance ) .

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going for my motorcycle license soon I hope and will have that to go with
Also have considered wood working but still need a bunch of tools. Have a quad but lucky if I use it 3 times a year. Been looking at a boat or sea doo for a trade off but storing them is a consideration

Been biking and then walking my pup more lately

Top Bottom