Some People are sick !!! Be safe sledders !!!

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed !!!!!! I have a Quadding and Sledding page on FB so always hunting for stuff to post. Couldn't believe this when I saw it. People make me sick and yes if found should be charged with attempted murder I agree !!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Medicine river outside of eckville , farmer put a barb wire across it

We kindly cut it and wrapped it around the fence on the side

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Medicine river outside of eckville , farmer put a barb wire across it

We kindly cut it and wrapped it around the fence on the side

I hope this didn't happen on private property. That's a problem around my neck of the woods. Cutting fences gives snowmobilers a bad wrap.

Edit.... Just noticed the river part. Definitely not private property, and absolutely disgusting. I take it back.

Last edited:

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Farmers water their cows on the small rivers and run a wire across quite often to keep the cows from swapping quarters. Not usually to snag a sledder as they do it in the summer not thinking. So always take the first trip down the river cautiously.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thing is about a layin a trap, ya can't control what you catch. Read a news story a few years ago about a guy in Manitoba that was nearly decapitated by a cable strung out across a trail frequently used by sledders. It turns out to be his brother had set the trap to stop riders from using the trail. The sledder had just bought a new sled and was making a trip over to visit his brother and show off and was nearly killed. I bet that was a quiet Christmas family dinner...

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes ... Unfortunately people do this. I know of a friend 26 years ago this happened on the Bindman River... And yes he was cut and injured bad. Sad but true...

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanted to post to put the awareness out there. So sorry to hear some have or know someone who's been a victim if this BS !!! Awareness I guess is the key here !!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had this happen to me years ago out south of Barrhead. Durning the day me and a buddy went down a well used trail along the river all was good. That night we used it again I come around the corner and bam into wire stretched across the trail. But luckily it was more of a net then a single wire. And this was done on a road allowance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom