Sobeys...what the he!!

FTBeaver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the topic of wieners does anybody out there like the all beef wieners? I still like the mystery meat ones that I grew up with.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just went to get some of these from the box now the box has gone lol.But I brought a pack hope there good.

mikemc

Reaction score
the IGA in hinton still sells bulk weiners in the big plastic bin, and they say they still will, so if your passing through to valemount, stopin and buy them up

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i few things to say about this topic....

1) seriously??? we are talking about this??? but again this is the Just about anything goes :rolleyes:

:d

2) the sobeys in my town used to have the bulk hotdogs in a cardboard box and when it was empty they would replace it with a new box...

they went back to the plastic bin, but i can see why they pulled those - who knows what kind of germs and bacteria is growing in there. now they are pre-packaged on a meat tray by the dozen. which i don't agree with, as not everyone wants a dozen

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
i few things to say about this topic....

1) seriously??? we are talking about this??? but again this is the Just about anything goes :rolleyes:

:d

2) the sobeys in my town used to have the bulk hotdogs in a cardboard box and when it was empty they would replace it with a new box...

they went back to the plastic bin, but i can see why they pulled those - who knows what kind of germs and bacteria is growing in there. now they are pre-packaged on a meat tray by the dozen. which i don't agree with, as not everyone wants a dozen

Seriously??....YES....To some of us hotdogs are VERY important...

This is almost as bad as when the China Lily soya sauce scandal was happening a few years ago. MAJOR CRISIS...

If I was worried about germs and bacteria, would I really be eating a hotdog, and if cooked right (I am an expert hotdog cooker) germs and bacteria would never survive. Far more bugs in the 'healthy' chicken that lots of people push than any weiner on earth...(hotdog weiner than is...)

And the dozen thing? Doesnt really matter unless you are buying your buns as singles? Dozen buns, dozen weiners...no sense wasting a few buns, eat em all up!!

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously??....YES....To some of us hotdogs are VERY important...

This is almost as bad as when the China Lily soya sauce scandal was happening a few years ago. MAJOR CRISIS...

If I was worried about germs and bacteria, would I really be eating a hotdog, and if cooked right (I am an expert hotdog cooker) germs and bacteria would never survive. Far more bugs in the 'healthy' chicken that lots of people push than any weiner on earth...(hotdog weiner than is...)

And the dozen thing? Doesnt really matter unless you are buying your buns as singles? Dozen buns, dozen weiners...no sense wasting a few buns, eat em all up!!

i do buy bulk hotdogs, and i do buy a dozen. :d

but if the health inspectors are worried about the germs & bacteria, wouldn't the throwaway boxes work? that is all that i am asking.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
i do buy bulk hotdogs, and i do buy a dozen. :d

but if the health inspectors are worried about the germs & bacteria, wouldn't the throwaway boxes work? that is all that i am asking.

I am no health inspector or a gynocologist for that matter (but I will take a look) but I am thinking (get ready to get grossed out) that the issue is with the SHOPPERS and not the lips and azzholes...The pigs are clean, its the humans that are contaminating the bulk bin...

Think about that next time you go shopping...:eek:

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all I know is I stock up on china lily soya sauce because i cant be with out it....I bbq hot dogs last night and it just isnt the same with the packed crap. Iga still carrys them. Its sobeys that has dropped em. Eventually, all IGA's will be Sobeys so we are S.O.L.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the best way to cook these as i got some yesturday i normally boil themdo you do the same to these sobeys ones lol

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Whats the best way to cook these as i got some yesturday i normally boil themdo you do the same to these sobeys ones lol

Oh god, dont boil them...you are only contributing to the already overburdened 'Weiner Water' dilemna hauntuing most of the US and parts of Canada...

BBQ only...I also have a toaster that cooks hotdogs, works in a pinch...

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh god, dont boil them...you are only contributing to the already overburdened 'Weiner Water' dilemna hauntuing most of the US and parts of Canada...

BBQ only...I also have a toaster that cooks hotdogs, works in a pinch...
Lol thanks i was going to eat them tonight im out of gas in the bbq.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Lol thanks i was going to eat them tonight im out of gas in the bbq.

Sheesh...where are the emergency tanks?? Boil in an emergency, but honestly anyone that boils should be made to drink the weiner water after...

Awesome drinking game...get your half cut buddies to drink the water...priceless

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sheesh...where are the emergency tanks?? Boil in an emergency, but honestly anyone that boils should be made to drink the weiner water after...

Awesome drinking game...get your half cut buddies to drink the water...priceless

i would probably throw em in the nuker before boiling :eek:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
i would probably throw em in the nuker before boiling :eek:

NO, NO, NO...then they will split and shrivel...

Ball parks, concessions, almost anywhere you can buy a hotdog they are boiled as is the issue with all the weiner water...

Boiling is safe, just not as good as FIRE!!

Microwave is actually about the unsafest, because to get to bacteria killing temp the dog is obliterated into smithereens...

Top Bottom