Sobeys...what the he!!

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my wife just called me as she is at Sobeys in Spruce Grove picking a couple things and she informed me they no longer carry the bulk wieners!!! :mad: They were the best wieners.....So much for bbq hot dogs at my house. Looks like just grill ems now

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our Sobeys is the same!! They did tell me they will be back in spring/summer though ! lol

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The owner of the IGA here said they aren't allowed to sell them anymore because someone MAY HAVE gotten sick from eating some last year.....He's pissed off too. Nothing he can do.

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know anyone who will cool hotdogs in the winter well only sleders in the muff pot. I gess have to move to pre packed

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here in redwater they are selling them prepackaged now like 12 to a pack , maybe just getting rid of stock or something:confused:

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to the Meat Manager here in Slave....they still sell them but they have to put them in trays and wrap them so you can still get them....they just can't sell them outta the bulk bin....I asked him about buying them by the box...you can buy them by the box but that is a lot of weiners...thats what were are gonna do at work....Buy the whole case and divy it up and split the cost. They can't get rid of them weiners ...they are a staple at our lake lot ! Tube steak....nothin finer.... everyday over an open fire! It was the Health inspectors that initiated the change....go figure...how many frickin years have weiners been around and now they are like a big deal....go after the outfits that are cooking in chit holes and serving bad food....that would be better use of their time than screwing with our weiners! :realmad::nono::rant:

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So whas a good brand to buy was going to get some this week have not had a hot dogs for awhile now?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Country Morning (CO-OP) sells bulk weiners in a 20 pack. Same delicious lips and utters, just new packaging.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were so good, no others come close to comparing. Plus it's nice to buy exactly the amount you want. I don't see how it's a health risk, they still have plastic on them. Are you going to start making them package all the fruit and vegetables to?

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my wife just called me as she is at Sobeys in Spruce Grove picking a couple things and she informed me they no longer carry the bulk wieners!!! :mad: They were the best wieners.....So much for bbq hot dogs at my house. Looks like just grill ems now

Do you mean the ones in the plastic box where you help yourself?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently its a national thing, food inspection agency. they'll allow stores to sell bulk wieners.....packaged.....go figure...no point in bitching out Sobeys I guess.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently its a national thing, food inspection agency. they'll allow stores to sell bulk wieners.....packaged.....go figure...no point in bitching out Sobeys I guess.

then i will bitch out my neighbor.hes a big wig with the food inspection agency

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody eating hot dogs obviously doesn't care whats in them :eek:

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
There were so good, no others come close to comparing. Plus it's nice to buy exactly the amount you want. I don't see how it's a health risk, they still have plastic on them. Are you going to start making them package all the fruit and vegetables to?

Go to superstore....they started individually packaging oranges with a plastic wrapper.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Top Bottom