So, who's switching snowmobile brands next season?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New, used, whatever.

What are you switching from, and why?

96sherm

Reaction score
I'm thinking about it. Ride a 2011 RMK Assault, its got 2700 miles on it, new motor this winter. Was hoping Polaris would have done something with their 800 motor for 2014, but since they didn't, will be doing one of two things, 1) buy a new M8000 162, haven't had an Arctic Cat since the early '90's, I like the looks of the new chassis, guys seem to be happy with them. 2) buy a '11-'12 Pro Rmk 163 and strip it over summer, build a reliable big bore motor and continue to enjoy the PRO chassis...

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about adding an xm to the line up.I tried one last year and really liked it.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If im buying a new sled im getting a XM. Mainly cause of the motor and cause i want a change.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thinking about parking my 02 800 rmk, has about 5000 miles and was advised the crank might go, and since it's all original , I'm a little concerned about the dependability, thank god i don't ride it hard. Thinking about moving up a few years to a 900 rmk, heard they pull hard and ran great too! Just kidding looking at at a pro rmk, was told it would make me a better ride and it has that rockstar feel to it.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am still pissed off with Doo closing down their smaller dealers, so I am on the cusp of what to do for the next sled????

Billy Boy:cool:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next year is gonna be sweet for me. Running the only two brands that exist in my world. Nypex will be done mid summer and ready to pull some chutes and 2014 XM is snow checked for the regular ridin days. Lots o ridin left this year but can't wait for next year.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I'm thinking about adding a pro rmk to the collection next season mainly due to dealer support. I love my proclimb, especially now that its boosted, but my local Polaris dealer is unreal, they may have me persuaded to join the dark side...

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking at upgrading from the m7. Im really thinking hard about the new XM.....if i dont replace for next year its guna HAVE to be the year after, im worried about reliability issues on a older sled and were starting to venture really far.

unless cat has something radical for 2015 i will probably be sporting a xm

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am still pissed off with Doo closing down their smaller dealers, so I am on the cusp of what to do for the next sled????

Billy Boy:cool:

Is that why the Golden dealer is some sort of affiliate of a bigger dealer?

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking at upgrading from the m7. Im really thinking hard about the new XM.....if i dont replace for next year its guna HAVE to be the year after, im worried about reliability issues on a older sled and were starting to venture really far.

unless cat has something radical for 2015 i will probably be sporting a xm
traiter talk to u soon

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I am on the way to pick up a 13 163 Pro. It was in the crate until yesterday and I got a sweet deal. Figured since Polaris and Doo never changed anything I would save a couple grand. I have been on Doo the last 9 years and hope I made the right decision switching. I will now have owned a sled from each of the big 4.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thinking about parking my 02 800 rmk, has about 5000 miles and was advised the crank might go, and since it's all original , I'm a little concerned about the dependability, thank god i don't ride it hard. Thinking about moving up a few years to a 900 rmk, heard they pull hard and ran great too! Just kidding looking at at a pro rmk, was told it would make me a better ride and it has that rockstar feel to it.

That will be a good fit for you Dusty as you are already a Rockstar. Lol:Cool9:

Call me crazy but I'm thinking about adding a pro rmk to the collection next season mainly due to dealer support. I love my proclimb, especially now that its boosted, but my local Polaris dealer is unreal, they may have me persuaded to join the dark side...

Weren't you on another thread telling everyone you snowchecked a new XM. Allergic reaction to the Doolaide? Lol.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Weren't you on another thread telling everyone you snowchecked a new XM. Allergic reaction to the Doolaide? Lol.

Yep I read that too?

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am on the way to pick up a 13 163 Pro. It was in the crate until yesterday and I got a sweet deal. Figured since Polaris and Doo never changed anything I would save a couple grand. I have been on Doo the last 9 years and hope I made the right decision switching. I will now have owned a sled from each of the big 4.

This is why I will not buy a poo...nice job on getting a good deal, but is it any wonder that 2012's aren't even selling priced at $9200...thats crazy. Yet you see 2012 summits selling for 10-11. Someone else on the forum said it best, they would freak if they snowchecked a sled and then have the manufacturer come in a blow them out at the end of the year and totally screw the resale value of the snowcheck. Doo guarantees that the snowcheck price will be the best all year, that right there protects your early investment.

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

maybe you got him and me mixed up?! Lol but no poo for this guy, i already snowchecked my XM..

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is why I will not buy a poo...nice job on getting a good deal, but is it any wonder that 2012's aren't even selling priced at $9200...thats crazy. Yet you see 2012 summits selling for 10-11. Someone else on the forum said it best, they would freak if they snowchecked a sled and then have the manufacturer come in a blow them out at the end of the year and totally screw the resale value of the snowcheck. Doo guarantees that the snowcheck price will be the best all year, that right there protects your early investment.

Alberta 2012 skidoo summit classifieds, find 2012 skidoo summit in Alberta - Kijiji Alberta Free Classifieds

Alberta 2012 polaris pro rmk classifieds, find 2012 polaris pro rmk in Alberta - Kijiji Alberta Free Classifieds

Seem pretty similar to me?? Toys always range in price, there are some people I ride with that have brand new sleds I would never buy cause I see the ch!t they go through, or don't go through (trees, etc)

I didn't even pay 12k for mine brand new last year so I am sure you got a smokin deal on it CDNRedneck

Top Bottom