So what did you all think of the new AC Wildcat?

MHC73

Reaction score
Went to the Sled/ At show in Edmonton this weekend and viewed for my first time a AC Wildcat. Looks like a real fun buggy. Made for play and a good rival for the Polaris XP.

I can see a log or tree coming thru the fender due to the low stance of the machine and no interior fender protection. Rhino's had the same open fenders but the were considerably higher and a lot slower of machine. Just though for a machine that is so fast they would do their best to protect the owner. Interior is bland, again expected more of a cockpit like Commander. Mounting a winch may be tricky as well....

The doors are a real nice touch. Good one for AC. Every manufacture should put factory doors in the price of these high priced toys. I also understand they have a great deal of add on's already available to accessorize them. I really am looking forward to taking one for a good hard ride. Man that suspension looks crazy. Now at least when you compare a Polaris 900 XP to a AC 1000 Wildcat you'll get a fair test, they are the same class of machine....

I saw time and time again Polaris XP 900 getting compared to Can Am Commander X. Well Can Am doesn't make a factory long travel machine. Once they do then we can add the future Can Am to the other pure sport models and have a shoot out....

Great to see the SXS market advancing so rapidly and I hope the growth continues.... This year the AC Wildcat and 4 seat Kawi Teryx, hopefully next year a pure sport Commander or bigger, badder re-designed Rhino....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL It was Canam who did the first comparison with the rzr s.....Now when the 900 comes out they don`t want to compare anymore. Frankly, canam tried to get one machine to be a sport and utility and they failed as you can not have both in the same machine.............

The wild cat; Some quick thoughts....like the vision ...........like the frame........suspension looks great..........comfy seats........big axles......good skids...lots of ground clearance .........lots of power 90 + hp ............big rear rad
On the down side i think this is strictly a DUNE machine un like the xp 900 that can do both dune/mud trail..........Why ? Fenders on the front stick out way to much and they are hard plastic not flares ,you will be buying lots for this machine ..........same for the bottom rocker panel.........Air box is to low.........front tie rod arms are the first thing you hit before the a arms ,this is a MAJOR trail flaw and very hard to redesign............no mud protection at all from rear tires... MUCH to long of wheel base for trails almost as long as a rzr 4 plenty wide like the xp900 .............very little cargo room,less than the xp........

I think in the dunes the wildcat is gonna be great, for the trails the xp900 /rzr s 800 will blow it away...........Until Canam comes up with some long travel they are still in back the days of the rhino...............

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I liked both the xp900 and the wild cat.....both are fat guy friendly :) ....but the wildcat the front suspension looks to delicate look like it would fold up in a hurry if you tapped something and you have to mount a bumper winch combo no protection from flying mud from the front tires. Think you would have to trim the rear shock guards to fit larger tires or huge wheel spacers. Really liked the doors seemed solid would keep you inside. The xp the rear axles are just kinda out there p!ss!ng in the wind there is no protection i'm sure you are going to catch a rock or log and bend an axle. From fender to fender looked pretty wide and the side net thing is pretty cheesy

Top Bottom