So I went to get a hat and did somthing a wife would hate!

05Cummins

Reaction score
So I went in to my local Can Am dealer to pick up my hat and T shirt that he forgot to give me when I bought my XMR.

So I say you know I could use another machine for a spare or so a GF don't have to double with me and so on.

He says come with me this just came in!

So he shows me this stellar 09 Gade 500 1000 miles 12 months warrenty never been past water half way up the wheels driving buy a 17 year old girl who was scared of it.

So I say ok how much.
he tells me then says if you dont take it that guy over there on the phone with his wife will.

This was the type of deal that you kick yourself for not going for 2 miles down the road go back and it's gone!

So I said I will take it and swiped my card the deal was thousands less then any other 500 gade I have seen in the last year.

Now I have the perfect build machine for a turbo big bore motor this winter!

SO HAPPY I dont have a wife to call!!!!

racerfromhell

Reaction score
So I went in to my local Can Am dealer to pick up my hat and T shirt that he forgot to give me when I bought my XMR.

So I say you know I could use another machine for a spare or so a GF don't have to double with me and so on.

He says come with me this just came in!

So he shows me this stellar 09 Gade 500 1000 miles 12 months warrenty never been past water half way up the wheels driving buy a 17 year old girl who was scared of it.

So I say ok how much.
he tells me then says if you dont take it that guy over there on the phone with his wife will.

This was the type of deal that you kick yourself for not going for 2 miles down the road go back and it's gone!

So I said I will take it and swiped my card the deal was thousands less then any other 500 gade I have seen in the last year.

Now I have the perfect build machine for a turbo big bore motor this winter!

SO HAPPY I dont have a wife to call!!!!

It is easier to ask the Wife for forgiveness then permission. :d Thats how I bought mine....the wineing only lasted untill I took her for a ride :beer::beer:

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What an AZZHAT of a salesman. If I was serious enough to be calling the wife to set up paying for the damm thing.:) Then turn around to see you signing the paperwork.:nono: The dealer would be getting a good arsekicking & I'd be getting one hell of a price on a newer unit!!:rant:

Why would a salesman even try to push that deal or was he just playing you to grab it, and that other guy wasnt even looking at the same unit???

05Cummins

Reaction score
Cause just because you say you are guna call your wife does not meen its held for you I walked in with 10g cash

You wana have time to talk to wifey put the deposit down if not to bad so sad

The dealer took the sure thing sale over I have to bring my wife in on it and maybe if she likes it.

Any dealer I buy from knows I make an offer with cash if they say no I walk away.

And trust me they wana keep me happy they are a JD dealer aswell and we have a big farm they had never seen him before.

Oh and he ended up not getting approved for the even cheaper machine he wanted after I bought the gade !

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I agree with culvert.....

If you are in the middle of a sale you don't offer up the same unit to another customer while negotiating....

my guess is the salesman was feeding you a line and the guy on the phone was either dealing on a different unit or had already declined....

otherwise the salesman is a douche...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
You make yourself out to sound like a bigger deal than showtime....

I had no idea... I guess you showed him....fawking married guys eh????

you just keep on making the world a better place and the rest of us will be sure to stay out of your way...

It's beyond me why some some lovely lady hasn't embraced that ego by now....

Cause just because you say you are guna call your wife does not meen its held for you I walked in with 10g cash

You wana have time to talk to wifey put the deposit down if not to bad so sad

The dealer took the sure thing sale over I have to bring my wife in on it and maybe if she likes it.

Any dealer I buy from knows I make an offer with cash if they say no I walk away.

And trust me they wana keep me happy they are a JD dealer aswell and we have a big farm they had never seen him before.

Oh and he ended up not getting approved for the even cheaper machine he wanted after I bought the gade !

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You make yourself out to sound like a bigger deal than showtime....

I had no idea... I guess you showed him....fawking married guys eh????

you just keep on making the world a better place and the rest of us will be sure to stay out of your way...

It's beyond me why some some lovely lady hasn't embraced that ego by now....

Don't get so emotional.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good deal man. I must be one of the lucky ones the old lady don't say much when I buy my toys. When I bought the outlander told her we were going to look at them and I already had it bought just backed up to the ramp and loaded it up. Now she wants one instead of the king quad.

05Cummins

Reaction score
The guy who didnt get the machine wasnt as bent up as you some of you guys LMAO

What should I have done waited for him to get his house in order cause he said nice machine but I have to call the wife. Like hell

It's called a deposit people

Money talks bull **** walks

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy who didnt get the machine wasnt as bent up as you some of you guys LMAO

What should I have done waited for him to get his house in order cause he said nice machine but I have to call the wife. Like hell

It's called a deposit people

Money talks bull **** walks
I can buy whatever I want, and my wife still lets me do "things" to her

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just saying that the salesman was wrong. If I go in looking at something and strike a deal, even if I dont have a pot to piss in, it should of been held untill I came up with the cash or financing.
When I get off the phone with the wife and turn all RED with imbarassment from the Lecture on spending, then by all means the Salesman can give the deal to you. But not in the middle of negotiations.

Iam glad you got a deal just not about the way it went down.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm just saying that the salesman was wrong. If I go in looking at something and strike a deal, even if I dont have a pot to piss in, it should of been held untill I came up with the cash or financing.
When I get off the phone with the wife and turn all RED with imbarassment from the Lecture on spending, then by all means the Salesman can give the deal to you. But not in the middle of negotiations.

Iam glad you got a deal just not about the way it went down.

x2.... not your fault but the salesman is a douchebag....

and I guess in a way you are too for publicizing it...

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new renegade 500. Missed out on the 08 that was selling for 6000 so what did this one go for?

Top Bottom