Snowshoes?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
After being in Sicamous and crawling around trying to get around in the Deep powder I was thinking of having a small pair of Snowshoes strapped to the back gas rack when Im in these heavy snow situations. I went to Campers Village as they sell them and was looking at the smaller pairs, there about $139 to buy. These would also be a lifesaver if you were stranded as well. I would just strap them to the back with the Jerry can and They would most likely be strapped there all the time unless you need them. Could of really used them last weekend.

snowshoes.jpg

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think with that turbo, a paracute would in order too.:p

Wanderlust

Reaction score
After being in Sicamous and crawling around trying to get around in the Deep powder I was thinking of having a small pair of Snowshoes strapped to the back gas rack when Im in these heavy snow situations. I went to Campers Village as they sell them and was looking at the smaller pairs, there about $139 to buy. These would also be a lifesaver if you were stranded as well. I would just strap them to the back with the Jerry can and They would most likely be strapped there all the time unless you need them. Could of really used them last weekend.

snowshoes.jpg

Major lifesaver if you get stranded. One of those things in the Yukon that we never left home without because the chance of being found in time was pretty slim!

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure could of used a set of these when we broke into Foam at Blue near the end of Nov. Would have been alot easier then trugging through snow balls deep to scope the trail to see if it was doable. I thought about buying some but it's another thing you pack and might use once or twice, it already feels like i pack canadian tire with me.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought these last year. Waiting for enough snow to try them.
I wanted something a little shorter than std snowshoes.
Next time out I'll try them.

Attachments

• ProdYetiCleat.jpg
    ProdYetiCleat.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 192

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cousin and I were talking about getting a pair to take along on our exploring trips in the remote areas. Anybody ever use a pair, never had a foot in snowshoes.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I try not to leave home without them....depends on what we are doing....you will notice that both machines have a pair strapped onto the running boards at the back and the machine in the snow has a pair near the back. New light weight material and relatively short compared to the olden days.

Great for breaking trails into places in the early season and later on they are great for finding new trails into new places, awesome for some of those ugly stucks in the deep pow, and if one ever had to walk very far they would be a God send.

I even put them on my pack for the SnowCat in case I have to walk out. :xmas2004_15:

Attachments

• Snowshoesi.jpg
    Snowshoesi.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 22
  • sloughs10.jpg
    sloughs10.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

snowshoes.jpg

Ron....... how come you were walking so much?????;)
I had an overnight experience a few years back & they would have been really handy!!!! Still don't have a set but have thought about them alot

RN

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind they are sized for weight, not size. If you weigh more, you need a larger pair for floatation.

I always get laughed at when I suggest snowshoes. I think they would rock. They would be a pain to strap on, but if you have walking to do nothing would compare.

Lastly, i think fitment with certain boots (Snowboard, etc) might be difficult. Would check into that first.

I might just pick up a pair. I finally got around to making my snowboard mount, so I might think up a design to hold snowshoes too. That way I can walk into that perfect drop in line easily with the shoes on, then switch it up with the board!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have several sets, a real pain until you get used to them. those short ones are the worst to get used to, are definitely better than nothing at all. The old style long wood shoes still work the best, ask any old trapper out there, the young bucks do a lot of talking , as do the sales dudes, about which is better.
have personally used the aluminum and the wood shoes, for me the longer, the better as you don't trip over everything. Garbage can lids are better than nothing although you may want to try suicide
If you can find them in army surplus they used to have a set of long shoes like the old trapper style, used to hold up and work well

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowshoes??? I like to use my sled. Ron if you like to walk so much you could have stayed home and done that. LOL

Mikey

Reaction score
They are also handy for moving large amounts of soft or loose powder like a scoop shovel, much fast than the folding shovels we all carry.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
So Summitric, Summit and Rknight drop into this very steep and snow filled valley in Renshaw (Dec 29/08) and all 3 were stuck, when I say deep snow I mean 3 - 4 feet...first thing Ron says is "shoulda brought snow shoes....lol
#1 - Summitric Very Stuck
#2 - Sledbunnyracing stuck after dropping in to assist Summit...stuck twice actually. Bottomless Snow (read as AWESOME).

Attachments

• IMG_1237_1.jpg
    IMG_1237_1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1240_1.jpg
    IMG_1240_1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Top Bottom