SnowPulse PROTECH Avi Vest

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey all

did some searching here without too much luck
wondering if any of you have some seat time with yours and could share
some say its a bit heavy (but most avi packs are no?), take pressure off the shoulders and easy on and off w no crotch straps etc.

is 10L enough for the backcountry and an overnighter if needed?
I have always used about 18-22L and find its BARELY enough for what I bring
I dont use tunnel bags or anything, as I want everything ON ME for emergency situations

havent seen one in person and will more than likely try on one/check it out at the snow show in a couple months

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife has one with the body armour panels. I have worn it on occassion. If you pack smart, there is JUST enough room for an overnight stay - guess it depends on what you feel you need to survive a night in the backcountry - you simply do not have enough room to pack more then the bare essentials. The armour isn't up to tek vest standards (I wear a tek vest & highmark 22 pack), but it not nearly as bulky or cumbersome, the weight is carried evenly. I am NOT a fan of the expanding panels on the side of the vest - I suspect the snaps will not last long, and the mesh "bunches up". It is a good alternative for someone who wants more protection then a jacket and hates wearing a backpack, but for better protection, ante up & buy a tech vest, and the 22L or 30L avy backpack

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome product, used it all last season, no complaints. lots of room for the most part. got to pack a little smarter. found it moves alot less then a regular avi pack. i dont like have excess weight on my back so it worked great for me

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one. its awesome after the first or second ride i dont even notice it anymore. I find it way more comfortable than the back packs and i have let a few friends try it out and they agree.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like mine. You need to dress accordingly as they are like another layer and can be warm if your wearing to much underneath

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like mine. You need to dress accordingly as they are like another layer and can be warm if your wearing to much underneath

it really keeps you warm when its on, its almost shy on storage but if you pack smart- i have a underseat bag on my pro- g2, water, tp go in there, underhood goggle bag carries the spare goggles and light set gloves. small addition tool kit on sled carries what i bring ( smart here to organize with your riding buddies and each have differnt items less stuff to carry)
so the pack carries what you need and doesnt break the back and makes riding enjoyable.

I love my vest still wear a tek vest under it, have worn one for 6-7 yrs now and feel naked without it on has saved broken ribs a few times

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love mine. Takes a ride or 2 to get use to it but its warmer and actually if you use the pockets in the front and pack it properly u can fit alot inside. I absolutey love mine. its so easy to take on and off and weight is distributed way more evenly then a conventional bag. its super durable. I play in the trees alot and it doesnt have any rips or worn material anywhere. Hilghly recommend it.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tryed one last year at the sled show and really liked it, sold my s/p 30L backpack a couple weeks ago and will be picking up the vest at the sled show.

Top Bottom