Snowpulse Airbag vs ABS????

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the Price for one of these.Interested

Me too, How puncture resistant is this bag? And does the Snowpulse come with the bottle regulator so you can fill it to the recommended 3000PSI off of a 4500 PSI breathing air bottle? And Haggis brings up a good point is there any pics of a person wearing a helmet while the bag is deployed?

avalanchesafety

Reaction score
Website
www.avalanchesafety.ca
Me too, How puncture resistant is this bag? And does the Snowpulse come with the bottle regulator so you can fill it to the recommended 3000PSI off of a 4500 PSI breathing air bottle? And Haggis brings up a good point is there any pics of a person wearing a helmet while the bag is deployed?

I will try to get a picture out later today with a sled helmet on. Yes we can sell you a regulator to fill off a 4500psi scba (scott or other) pack. The adapter has a pressure relief valve and large guage. The bottle does not come with any sort of regulator as that would put the price way up. In terms of being pucture resistant the Snowpulse airbag uses a similar material to that found in car airbags. In the CE certification process they put over 300kg on the bags as well as brick drop tests to see if the bag will puncture or burst. I myself have jumped on the bag on pavement and use this as a small demonstration.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the snowpulse have a probe pocket and where is shovel storage? I really like the external shovel pouch, but it seems both airbags rely on internal storage.

avalanchesafety

Reaction score
Website
www.avalanchesafety.ca
The Snowpulse 30 and 45 have a pocket and sleeves for your probe and shovel and a separate compartment for the rest of your gear.

For pictures of the inside of the pack and for a picture with my buddy Aaron wearing a sled helmet with the Snowpulse you can go to

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone who says that breathing air does not freeze up regulators has never been in a SCBA in cold weather. Bull Sh*t. They have and will on occasion freeze. It DOES happen. I have had acouple start to freeze up. I work in a Sour Gas plant (30%) we wear SCBA all the time. Dont kid yourself.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone who says that breathing air does not freeze up regulators has never been in a SCBA in cold weather. Bull Sh*t. They have and will on occasion freeze. It DOES happen. I have had acouple start to freeze up. I work in a Sour Gas plant (30%) we wear SCBA all the time. Dont kid yourself.
Yah I ran into this last winter on a callout to a compressor to change valves, it was about -30C and my breathing air mounted in my service body would not supply enough air to work using the work mask, I also had a backpack in the cab of my truck so I had to use that.
I would rather use nitrogen, why couldn't you just fill the bottle with nitrogen.

avalanchesafety

Reaction score
Website
www.avalanchesafety.ca

I cannot comment on the SCBA tank freezing but there is NO regulator to freeze up on the Snowpulse. I am told that as part of the testing they put the Snowpulse in a shower, then put it in a freezer and then pull it to see if it works, and it did.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard that this snowpulse design is similar to the design that ABS abandoned years ago.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cannot comment on the SCBA tank freezing but there is NO regulator to freeze up on the Snowpulse. I am told that as part of the testing they put the Snowpulse in a shower, then put it in a freezer and then pull it to see if it works, and it did.

The air has to come out of the bottle canister some how. Its not like it is coming out a 1 inch hole. It will be coming out a small hole which will be prone to freezing with any sort of moisture.

qvperformance

Reaction score
We will have a Snowpulse Life Bag 30L @ the store after the Edmonton show
if you are not able to make it to the show you can have a look then. Will also
take orders for them at that time. $1149.00 + gst.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's pretty spendy for a knock off ABS bag?????? Does that include triggers and canisters?

qvperformance

Reaction score
Yes trigger and canister included. Retail to retail Snowpulse $1149.00 for
30Lt & ABS cheapest i have seen $1065.00. Refill price Snowpulse about $30.00, ABS about $150.00. Both really good products, just comes down to
what bag is right for you.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks like a great product to me. I see it as a last resort for avalanche safety. Better than some one trying to find me with a stick. As for comfort with a helmet on, who cares. the 2000 tons of snow hitting my head will be more uncomfortable. Price wise, 15,000-30,000+ for a sled is a lot more than 1200 for my life. Just my 2 cents.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I agree...seems like any bag will do. Each to his own, I'll be checking them out at the show for sure.

It looks like a great product to me. I see it as a last resort for avalanche safety. Better than some one trying to find me with a stick. As for comfort with a helmet on, who cares. the 2000 tons of snow hitting my head will be more uncomfortable. Price wise, 15,000-30,000+ for a sled is a lot more than 1200 for my life. Just my 2 cents.

GRD

Reaction score
Looks like a decent product. My dad and I are getting packs forsure this year...

Top Bottom