Snowmobiler Shoots Moose

Driftingbig

Reaction score
Saw this the other day and was shocked. Personally I have had 2 encounters with moose on a sled and both times we both went our separate ways without incident. A little bit of respect goes a long way in my mind. What are your thoughts?

Driftingbig

Reaction score
Thanks Summiteer skipped passed it when i searched earlier. And Drew I agree.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only an american would ride with a pistol.... im sure firing a shot into the snow would have been enough to scare it away. He didnt have to kill it. Then they post a vid of it on youtube, what a ****ing idiot

Last edited:

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the title.:nono: "Shoots an attacking moose". Attacking?? Defensive moose gets shot and left for dead by D Bag is a better title. It is to bad I can't talk to this guy straight up. Anyone who carries while sledding has issues in the first place but the main point is this. Get your sissy ass off the trail and go around you half wit.

What are the laws in the states about this stuff, surely it can't be considered self defense. Even Ted Nugget would agree this guy doesn't deserve the right to own firearms. Some people really piss me off.:realmad:

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had encounters as well and neither of them ended like this even if i was carrying a gun. I hope he gets attacked by a moose in his sleep!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of DIRTBAG would carry a hand gun on a sled, what is he scared of his shadow. This scumbag goes out with the idea of shooting something if the opertunity appears.
This infuriates me as well, the moose was traped and had no where to go in the deep stuff, it knew that. He agrevated it till it felt threated and tried defend it self.
I hope somebody is able to do something about this, this guy should be imprisson.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen on the trail up to Allen a couple years back. Saw Moose at kilometer 5 or so and the damn thing wouldn't let anyone by. Tried stopping and giving it some space etc but five minutes later it hadn't moved, tried to coax it off the trail by driving closer and it would just run up the trail lol. By the time we hit kilometer 8 or so it had had enough and wouldn't budge. By now there are fifteen sleds behind us we were all parked blocking the path down completely. She finally charged but at the last second jumped down the mountain. All told that took half and hour, no one died everyone went on to have a nice day including one tired and pissed off cow lol. A little patience is all that is needed.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only in the usa. I wonder if that was a cariboo how this would all play out..

Dnk09

Reaction score
Agreed on going around!!! The guy didn't need to keep going closer. And the trail opened up into a meadow just past. Easily he could've went around. Typical idiot! It's people like this who deserve to be fined and jail time as well.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just another idiot looking for an excuse to use a gun.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was horrible. The worst part is how he rides away and leaves the poor thing for dead.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do we have evidence its in the states? I know guys who talk about carrying a gun to kill coyotes (theres a big bounty in some parts on them) but they never do it. Canadians can get hand guns easily too.
Only in the usa. I wonder if that was a cariboo how this would all play out..

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do we have evidence its in the states? I know guys who talk about carrying a gun to kill coyotes (theres a big bounty in some parts on them) but they never do it. Canadians can get hand guns easily too.

According to the info on Youtube it sounds like it took place in the states.
Wyoming Game & Fish Department Wildlife Investigators are seeking information about this video. If you have any information about who took this video please contact them. The "STOP POACHING" Hotline phone number is 1-877-WGFDTIP (1-877-943-3847) or 1-307-777-4330 for out-of-state "STOP POACHING" calls only.

Top Bottom