Snowmobile Warranty Options and Recommendations

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So extended warranty is $2500.
Only covers $5000.
Engine blows you need $10000 to fix it. You will have spent $7500 for your engine.
Maxwell says the engine is good for 5000 km. Now don’t take this the wrong way but that engine will last 5000 km with a fair bit of wide open throttle, your health does not let you ride like that anymore. Your sled will not blow up in the next 4 years. Save your money, ride your sled and enjoy it. 3 years from now when you go to sell it you can reduce your price by $2500 from all the other suckers that bought extended warranty and it will sell first.
Agreed except for the $10k part.
There is an outfit in Ontario that sells short blocks for $3200. Complete top end kits for $1200 and cranks for $1500. I see complete used engines on marketplace for $2k regularly. I'm sure Ron has enough knowledgeable friends that would help him do the work.
Like I said previously, preventative maintenance could likely mitigate a burndown altogether. It would be cheaper than the warranty.
$2500 fox a max claim of $5000 seems crazy to me.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed except for the $10k part.
There is an outfit in Ontario that sells short blocks for $3200. Complete top end kits for $1200 and cranks for $1500. I see complete used engines on marketplace for $2k regularly. I'm sure Ron has enough knowledgeable friends that would help him do the work.
Like I said previously, preventative maintenance could likely mitigate a burndown altogether. It would be cheaper than the warranty.
$2500 fox a max claim of $5000 seems crazy to me.

Turbo assembly is 3500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Dealer says there is a $100 transfer fee for the 3rd party warranty.

And Ill go through that again as I see in posts above that peeps mixed it up.

For the 3rd party coverage it will cover up to $10,000 in claims with a maximum coverage of $5000/ claim.

With them the 2 years is $1981, 3years is $2190 and the 4 year plan is for $2367.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turbo assembly is 3500
Sure, but if the engine took it out, that would exceed the $5k claim limit and you would be paying for it out of pocket anyway. It's a moot point.
Are you speculating turbo failure without engine failure? I don't think I've heard of even a single instance of that happening. Even turbo replacement under warranty with an engine failure is extremely rare from what I've seen.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that the N/A sled or the TurboR. On the turboR, BRP is not offering a 2 year extension on the existing 2 years it came with.
Mine came with 2 year warranty I wish I can get 2 year extension though BRP BEST, cant. Can only get aftermarket warranty. Ive called other dealers now as well and I hear the same from 2 other Alberta BRP dealers.

The TurboR is a lot more risk for warranty department and there is a lot more pricy parts to fix or replace.
23 turbo r 154 thst may be aftermarket warrenty but was quoted 2000 to 2 years either way

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from the dealer rep on BRP BEST warranty, it says:

Maximum coverage on 850 Turbos is 3 years from initial registration date so whether someone bought it with 1 year or 2 years it can only go up to a total of 3 years.
People were able to buy another 2 years warranty (4 years total) on turbos at time of purchase.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from the dealer rep on BRP BEST warranty, it says:

Maximum coverage on 850 Turbos is 3 years from initial registration date so whether someone bought it with 1 year or 2 years it can only go up to a total of 3 years.
One extra year on my 23 turbo R is $1500 from my dealer. You are correct I can only add one more year.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
People were able to buy another 2 years warranty (4 years total) on turbos at time of purchase.
I inquired on this when I purchased and this was not offered by BRP, I could only add one more year unless I went aftermarket. It was a tad cheaper that what is quoted now but that's expected. If someone has a four year factory warranty on your turbo you got me there,

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I inquired on this when I purchased and this was not offered by BRP, I could only add one more year unless I went aftermarket. It was a tad cheaper that what is quoted now but that's expected. If someone has a four year factory warranty on your turbo you got me there,
I remember the marketing. There was fine print at the bottom. Up to four years on the NA and three years on the turbo. Been like that for a while now.
Edit: Found it. Brochure is a link in the "owner zone" on the website.

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• B.E.S.T._Flyer-february-16-2022_CA-EN.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at a used 23 Turbo Freeride and the guy had this.
1000017995.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 282347
You just need to get him to get the dealer to do it online James or there used to be a form in the back of the operators manual you could fill out and send in the mail. Not sure anymore. I never read those things haha

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
View attachment 282347
If your buying it have that confirmed by a reputable dealer. BRP warranty says: » 850 E-TEC® Turbo engine models:Total coverage available 36 months I been checking around for 3 weeks as mine expires mid November and all dealers ive checked with all say the maximum is 36 months from DOP period and there hasn't been any promotion or deviances from that. That is why I made this thread. I would defiantly confirm that that is not a modified document.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your buying it have that confirmed by a reputable dealer. BRP warranty says: » 850 E-TEC® Turbo engine models:Total coverage available 36 months I been checking around for 3 weeks as mine expires mid November and all dealers ive checked with all say the maximum is 36 months from DOP period and there hasn't been any promotion or deviances from that. That is why I made this thread. I would defiantly confirm that that is not a modified document.
I was told tube same thing regarding my 22 turbo. Not sure how that works on that document as well. For whatever reason BRP makes the warranty as confusing as possible/ you really have to read the fine print on coverages

Top Bottom